Supplies in Monroe Area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Demon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2007
    Northeast La.
    Diamond Pawn and Gun in monroe has a decent selection
    Tyner Petrus in Monroe and West Monroe carries some..
    Simmons Sporting Goods in Bastrop usually has a good supply.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Go to Diamond. They have a good stock and are reasonably priced. Tyner Petrus only has a few leftovers from a batch they bought 5+ years ago, and the guy at the West Monroe gun counter is a grade A proper jerk.

eganx

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    was Monroe LA, now Kingston WA
    Go to Diamond. They have a good stock and are reasonably priced. Tyner Petrus only has a few leftovers from a batch they bought 5+ years ago, and the guy at the West Monroe gun counter is a grade A proper jerk.

I think Diamond is a hit or miss since the election., but haven't been out there in about 6 months I personally don't get much from them since they never seem to know when it will be coming in of if its available. Tyner Petrus in Monroe has a few things but I wouldn't say they carry reloading supplies. Tyner Petrus in West Monroe only seems to carry poor customer service and a bad attitude.

I order online and pick up what I can at Bass Pro in Shreveport when I'm out there.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Amen egan.

Let me give some examples. The LAST time I went to TP in West Monroe, they had 5 cans of powder under an inch of dust, about a dozen boxes of overpriced rifle bullets, no pistol bullets, and no equipment.

Diamond usually has 4-5 dozen cans of various powders, a good selection of bullets from high priced to dirt cheap, and they do usually have primers. Although the small pistol primers sell out as fast as they can get them, but that's just about everywhere nowadays. They have scales, presses, calipers, dies, etc too. Last time I was out there they had cast pistol bullets for around $25/500, and primers were running about $33/1000.

Last edited:

WB5QBK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Caddo Parish
    Thanks. That is where I suspected it was.....around the corner from Ray's PG! Wish we had something like that in Shreveport.

Left Monroe in 1982.....don't recognize it most of the time.

Stang65

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Currently Monroe, LA
    Diamond Pawn: 8203 Desiard St. Monroe LA 71203

I was able to pick up supplies there, prices were okay, should suffice for short term but need to find local (LA) bulk supplier.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    When I left, anything south of US 80 was Indian country. That line has moved north somewhat.

I'm glad I got out of there.

It's more divided along the train tracks now, and by the river. Monroe counts homicides per year, while West Monroe just had its first homicide in 6 years.

Wow, you left in '88? I was in 3rd grade then...

Last edited:

eganx

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    yeah, I'm on my way out of the area, probably 6 months to a year. I have yet to find anywhere for lower/middle class decent folk to live in this area and its only getting worse.....

Last edited:

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Egan, you really ought to give West Monroe a shot. It's a whole different world than Monroe. I've lived here my whole life and know pretty much block by block what's a good neighborhood and what's ghetto.

Last edited:

eganx

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Egan, you really ought to give West Monroe a shot. It's a whole different world than Monroe. I've lived here my whole life and know pretty much block by block what's a good neighborhood and what's ghetto.

Ya, I lived in West Monroe for 1 year, moved to Rayville, then came back for more two years before going to Monroe at the end of 07. I moved to Monroe because my wife got a job as office manager at a property management company that came with an apartment.

West Monroe was ok, but still not where I want to settle down. I don't see much future here for my family, there is more opportunity elsewhere. So we plan on moving to the Seattle area(where I grew up), specifically Kitsap County, within the next year.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Just found out today, L&M Outdoors in the 900 block of Thomas Rd has reloading supplies. Their sign read "we now have reloading supplies", I didn't have time to stop in so I can't comment on inventory or prices.

Stang65

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Currently Monroe, LA
    I went to L&M today, they are just starting to get their supplies in, but what they have is about 10%-20% higher than Diamond Gun, Cabela's, etc. I have also visited Simmons in Bastrop and was surprised at how expensive they were as well. Diamond is the best priced in the area unless you are bulk ordering online.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Cool. Did you see any small pistol primers, and if so do you recall a price?

It'd be worth paying 50 cents a hundred more to me since I work within sight of L&M and don't get off of work till 5:30

Stang65

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Currently Monroe, LA
    L&M didn't have any small pistol primers yet, but they will within a week or so. The primers they did have were in the $7 range per 100. I purchased 1000 at Diamond for $4.25 per 100. I don't think their prices are going to be very competitive at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom