Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa

http://www.kvia.com/news/breaking-s...ia-dies-during-hunting-trip-in-marfa/37981652

EL PASO -- An El Paso source close to Justice Antonin Scalia tells ABC-7 that the 79-year-old died in his sleep last night after a day of quail hunting at Cibolo Creek Ranch outside of Marfa, Texas.

The Justice did not report feeling ill and retired to his room after dinner. The source, who was traveling with Scalia, told ABC-7 an El Paso priest has been called to Marfa.

Scalia was the longest-serving current Justice on the Supreme Court. He was appointed by President Ronald Reagan in 1986.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    I was just going to post this but no need to now but I will say this is the last thing we needed as you know who will appoint the next one and it WILL NOT! be good
    Wingate

bigsk

Iconoclast
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dies

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, the champion of conservative interpretation of the Constitution, has died at a West Texas ranch resort, government officials said Saturday.

The news was first reported by mysanantonio.com , which cited federal officials.

Scalia, who was 79, was the longest-serving justice on the high court. His death is sure to trigger a pitched political battle in Washington, with President Obama likely to nominate a successor before the November elections.

This does not bode well for the 2nd Amendment and the Conservative front.

Persecutor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Denham Springs, La
    This is a very big loss. Justice Scalia was the brightest, most conservative, and bravest member of the court. Having Obama appoint his successor is a scary situation.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Well there goes the neighborhood.

Hopefully the Senate will grow some balls. Its happened before maybe just maybe with control of the senate and the house, and in the middle of an election year they will stand up and refuse any of this dickbags moon-bat friends for justice.

Scalia was a fighter till the end, and this great nation wont be the same without him.

Sniper56

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    We all lost a great friend and defender of our rights. I can only hope the Senate will block any SC nominee until the new President takes office.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Prior to his death, it was stated the next POTUS would likely appoint 3 Justices. This was the single most important probability that gave me the drive to insure a conservative gets elected.

Now this sad news has only compounded that feeling.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    I haven't read anything from Mitch Mcconnell on this , so that's all that I've got. I sure as hell hope Mcconnell doesn't back down.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/battle-...-justice-antonin-scalias-successor-1455411187

McConnell has already said that Obama won't get his 3rd nomination. Cue wailing and gnashing of teeth, I'm sure Obama will have another tearful tantrum on national TV because he can't get his way.

Stakes are a LOT higher for the presidential election. I don't care who wins as long as they don't have a D after their name. I used to think that Sanders would have been preferable to Clinton. He's too much of a foaming at the mount Salvador Allende type to effectively implement any of his ideas. Honestly might have ended up the same way as Allende. No way have gotten any meaningful policy changes through. Not so much now that he could make a rubber stamp supreme court he's actually dangerous.

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Regardless of what happens this will not play out well.

BTW Scalia was pronounced dead by a judge on a telephone.

Guevara acknowledged to the Post that she pronounced Scalia dead over the phone on Saturday without seeing his body. She told WFAA she had planned to head to the ranch but that a U.S. Marshal told her over the phone, *It’s not necessary for you to come, judge. If you’re asking for an autopsy, that’s what we need to clarify.*

Guevara told the station before deciding that she wanted details of Scalia’s death.

*As part of my investigation one of the things I did ask the sheriff and the U.S. Marshal: ‘Were there any signs of foul play? And they said, ‘Absolutely not.’ At that time, I still wanted to be careful and asked them if [Scalia’s] physician would call me,* Guevara told WFAA.

When Scalia’s doctor called Guevara at 8 p.m. Saturday, she told the station that the doctor told her Scalia *had just visited on Wednesday and Thursday, and [the doctor] had done an MRI, then I felt comfortable what I knew was going on with him physically.* She added to WFAA that Scalia also suffered from several chronic ailments.

*He was having health issues,* Guevara told the Post, adding that she’s waiting for a statement from Scalia’s doctor to add to his death certificate when it’s issued later this week.

The Post reported that another justice of the peace was called but couldn’t get to Scalia’s body in time — and that she would have made a different decision. *If it had been me … I would want to know,* Juanita Bishop, a justice of the peace in Presidio, Texas, told the paper in a Sunday interview.

But Guevara cited Texas laws that permit a justice of the peace to declare someone dead without seeing the body, the Post said.

BTW there will not be autopsy.

Then this article says he was found with a pillow over his head.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...owner-recalls-Scalia-s-last-hours-6830372.php

"We discovered the judge in bed, a pillow over his head. His bed clothes were unwrinkled," said Poindexter.
    "He was lying very restfully. It looked like he had not quite awakened from a nap," he said.
    Scalia,79, did not have a pulse and his body was cold, and after consulting with a doctor at a hospital in Alpine, Poindexter concluded resuscitation would have been futile, He then contacted federal authorities, at first encountering a series of answering services because he was calling on a weekend.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom