Surprise surprise!*updated snake strikes back!*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Before I read the last part, after seeing the pic, I just knew you were going to say you had killed the snake. I hate when I hear about people killing harmless creatures, either for fun, or to make themselves feel "manly" or because the fear something they truly know nothing about. Great job on catching him, I have never been able to put my hands on a black runner/racer. I have had them chase me though, if you let them think you are intimidated, they have no problem feeding on that. I just like messing with them to see what they will do. I like how they stand up and look around like a parascope.

Most kill out of fear. We posture "manliness" but deep down inside we know better.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Here's a pic of the White Racer. A relative of the Black Racer but they exhibit vastly different behavior patterns. The Black Racer mates and then moves on while the White Racer developes a lifelong bond with its mate and is devoted to protecting their young until they reach maturity. While the White Racer out numbers the Black Racer, the Black Racer is more commonly seen due to its inherently lazy nature and habit of lying around on logs doing much of nothing while the lessor known White Racer is busy hunting. The Black Racer is much more aggressive and it's quite common to see them attack the White Racer and even break into the White Racer's nests in search of a free meal. The Black Racer is not native to North America and due to their prolific breeding habits they are considered an invasive species who pose a tremendous risk to the environment of the native White Racer.

images

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Here's a pic of the White Racer. A relative of the Black Racer but they exhibit vastly different behavior patterns. The Black Racer mates and then moves on while the White Racer developes a lifelong bond with its mate and is devoted to protecting their young until they reach maturity. While the White Racer out numbers the Black Racer, the Black Racer is more commonly seen due to its inherently lazy nature and habit of lying around on logs doing much of nothing while the lessor known White Racer is busy hunting. The Black Racer is much more aggressive and it's quite common to see them attack the White Racer and even break into the White Racer's nests in search of a free meal. The Black Racer is not native to North America and due to their prolific breeding habits they are considered an invasive species who pose a tremendous risk to the environment of the native White Racer.

images

funny-animal-captions-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Last edited:

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

images

Lmao wow is this really true haha

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Sorry but I would have killed it. Even a non poisonous snake bite can kill a person. The only good snake is a dead snake.
    On June 05, 2015, I was bitten by a Cotton mouth on my welcome mat as I stepped out my front door after dark. The pain was unbearable and I spent 14.5 hrs unconscious after getting four shots of morphine and two of Demerol as well as three bags of anti venom.. I was then transferred to a private room where I spent four days with IVs in both arms. For nine days, I could not keep anything on my stomach. Due to complications from the bite, my nervous system and digestive system was changed. I lost 68 pounds in the following two months. My hospital bill was $187,994 the doctor bills will continue for the rest of my life and the initial bill was over $500. But now I get scanned three times a year in the area of the bite to see how much tissue has died so they can cut it out before it causes gangrene.

A non-poisonous snake bite causes infection that is often left untreated until it is too late and several hundred people in the US die each year from such bites.

A snake can have as many as 250 offspring each year.

The only good snake is a dead snake.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Sorry but I would have killed it. Even a non poisonous snake bite can kill a person. The only good snake is a dead snake.
    On June 05, 2015, I was bitten by a Cotton mouth on my welcome mat as I stepped out my front door after dark. The pain was unbearable and I spent 14.5 hrs unconscious after getting four shots of morphine and two of Demerol as well as three bags of anti venom.. I was then transferred to a private room where I spent four days with IVs in both arms. For nine days, I could not keep anything on my stomach. Due to complications from the bite, my nervous system and digestive system was changed. I lost 68 pounds in the following two months. My hospital bill was $187,994 the doctor bills will continue for the rest of my life and the initial bill was over $500. But now I get scanned three times a year in the area of the bite to see how much tissue has died so they can cut it out before it causes gangrene.

A non-poisonous snake bite causes infection that is often left untreated until it is too late and several hundred people in the US die each year from such bites.

A snake can have as many as 250 offspring each year.

The only good snake is a dead snake.

Wow! Sorry to hear that! I hate snakes. Especially if they surprise me when I am not expecting them.

Top Bottom