Survival Straps

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • anakha

ljp#6749
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 7, 2010
    monroe
    my wife and i actually made a few last night(first attempt), next project is a single point sling and some dog collars out of florescent orange

IMG_20110709_114324.jpgIMG_20110709_114253.jpg

Last edited:

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I wish I had the patience. I have been meaning to buy some paracord, but I always forget. That website listed above is very highly priced. I have seen much better prices elsewhere.

m4shooter8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Slidell
    It is a little more expensive but this website replaces them for life should you ever need to use it. I liked that and plus another benefit is that some of the proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It is a little more expensive but this website replaces them for life should you ever need to use it. I liked that and plus another benefit is that some of the proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project.

Thanks for posting that information. I never really paid much mind to their products because of the prices, but I never knew about the replacement thing, OR that part of it went to a good charity. I may have to purchase one from them after all! I would love one of those belts they have buuuuut $125.... I would rather just keep a roll of paracord in my pocket than pay that for a belt made out of rope lol.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What closure did you order? I want the regular stainless steel shackle, but the only options on the drop down list are adjustable shackle or plastic... I definitely don't want plastic, but the adjustable shackle is $10 more which would make the thing $35 + shipping

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA

pictures not working you need to upload them first. I am planning to get "The Patriot" the red white and blue one. I think I will bite the bullet and get the adjustable shackle. Oh well... 20% towards Wounded Warrior Project... I guess it won't kill me... who knows, maybe it will save me one day! lol

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Oh, and the only place I see proceeds to Wounded Warrior Project is for the Patriot... which happens to be the one I want, so it makes the $40 shipped tolerable.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    why dont you just make them? it takes like less than 10 minutes

Honestly, I probably will once I get this one I ordered because I know I will like it. I stopped myself from getting one of the keychain type because I figured I can make it how I want it as a knife lanyard, since I would rather not put that key ring through my knife.

Top Bottom