Suspect punched by LPSO Deputy(VIDEO)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A COP BASHER, ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS WORKS FOR LPSO, AND I HAVE NO REASON TO FEAR/HATE THE POLICE, AS I FOLLOW THE LAW.

This is unprofessional; as if the public's trust wasn't shaken enough by the LPD's recent fallout already, now the LPSO. Did the strikes really hurt the kid? Doubtful, but you never strike a handcuffed, nonaggressive suspect. Period. This deputy needs to be fired; I say that even though I think I know the guy personally by his tattoos - good kid till I saw this. I know quite a few LPSO, so it's likely it is who i think it is.

**** Edit.... leaving my original observation up, but upon further reflection, my opinion is thus:

Nevermind... I thought the kid was crying at first, not laughing. I rescind my original statement, the kid likely deserved it and was being a smartass/resisting right before the cameras were turned on.

http://www.klfy.com/story/19241583/suspect-punched-by-depuity

Last edited:

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Was it just the karate chop to the neck? I didnt watch the whole video. If it was just the karate chop, I think this has been blown extremely out of proportion.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    How do we know the kid in cuffs didn't just headbutt the deputy before the cameras were turned on? Maybe that's why the cameras panned over to the incident? He may have kicked the deputy. Numerous things can happen, even when you are handcuffed. I'll wait for more info before passing judgment on either party.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    That cop needs to go to a gym and learn how to throw a proper punch because that was pathetic. At first I thought he suspect was crying from it then I realized he was laughing at him. I laughed too

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    How do we know the kid in cuffs didn't just headbutt the deputy before the cameras were turned on? Maybe that's why the cameras panned over to the incident? He may have kicked the deputy. Numerous things can happen, even when you are handcuffed. I'll wait for more info before passing judgment on either party.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'd rather a chop to the nerve bundle in my neck than get tazed or worse.

Totally blown out of proportion, the suspect was clearly being a dick and non-compliant.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    thats a propper strike for obtaining or maintaining compliance.. when delivered properly it will cause the knees to buckle. The defense to it is to pull the shoulders up to the ears, which if you look the kid was doing just by laughing and bad timing.
    He was trying to get the kid in the car..

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    force.gif

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Good to go, he had no other means to make him comply. Kid is lucky he didnt get sucker kicked into the car ........

Besides lets NOT forget he was in custody so I'm sure there was a reason for the cuffs

Offduty Officer looked like he had pipi his pants though

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Nevermind... I thought the kid was crying at first, not laughing. I rescind my original statement, the kid likely deserved it and was being a smartass/resisting right before the cameras were turned on.

Top Bottom