Swamp people last night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    stillf un to watch............
    especially when you know a couple of the areas.

Boy here at work lives in Pierre Part claims the new contract in 30K an episode.
    Could that be?

That is the going rate according to someone I know who was recently offered a spot on a fitness type show.

Cocked

Feeling Cocky
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    For 30k they can come film me shooting alligators! I cant talk like a coon-ass but they can dub my voice and I will bring out a M72 Law and point it at the gators (to create a more realism).

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    30k seems kinda high per episode, but if thats what the negotiated, good for them.

I have a buddy that was on a show and got paid a little more than that, but for the entire season. Actual shooting was about a month long.

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    I hate it when some huge, national channel like that makes us Cajuns look stupid.

Uh, the tv isn't the one that makes people look stupid, they just show stupid people to the masses.

But hey, why is everyone bagging on the show. I like it. SURE there are those edited clips. But hell, if yall want to be so critical, none of you better ever watch another Hollywood movie that has a gun in it.

Now I know its TV, but I think I'd get along with Troy.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    He's aiming at the gator with a scoped bolt gun, then they show the gator, then he fires with an iron sight lever gun, they show a splash in the water then back to him holding the scoped bolt gun.

That splash in the water sure was not much considering it was with a centerfire rifle. Looked more like a splash from a .22 to me. More editing.

There is also another man and his sons that they have not shown so far. Their picture is on the History Channel's web site.

LazyDaveD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm guessing they asked Troy to wear the same shirt, makes it easier for them to piece the scenes together.

And I don't think they make the people look stupid. They all have personalities and work hard, and I think the show aims towards showing that.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I pointed it out to the wife last night when we watched it, she actually caught it too.
    Any of them coonasses are welcome at my house anytime. I know a guy that looks like troy and sounds identical!
    What I really wonder is how many of the little ones get thrown back in the water so as not to waste a tag?

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    "What I really wonder is how many of the little ones get thrown back in the water so as not to waste a tag?"

a lot.

troy is getting $30,000 an episode???????????????????? holy ****! i know someone who went film for the show and got paid a few hundred a day.

the bolt gun to lever was a big red flag to me also. i know the family store "duffy's" in pierre part. its a shell station where they sell tons of crawfish bait. they also buy/sell crawfish. I THINK troy runs the crawfish ponds and his brother runs the store.

what i found strange is they showed troy sitting in front of some place that looked nothing like the store then the next second they show them looking at the map in the real store. maybe they don't want people to know where they are????????

another thing, troy does not make his money with gators, he would have made nothing last year. crawfish is his game......well before $30,000 an episode from the history channel.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    What I really wonder is how many of the little ones get thrown back in the water so as not to waste a tag?

none, thats the ones they skin and keep for eating at home, they just put a tag on them to get them back to the house, then you cut off your tag and save it for the next one.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Oh my gosh, what does this all mean?

Tell you what, if another storm comes along the coast and survivors are clinging to boards and anything else I bet the gators are gonna git em'.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    last week of aug till something.. I just asked somewhere on this forum bout that..

I like the show, always have found errors in editing but I am not critical of it, just enjoy the show..

the producers need to show more than three or four guys hunting though.. there are plenty more guy out there doing this..

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Ya'll need to lighten up!!

A couple of years ago, I went to a big name hunting lodge up in Illinois....where you let 250lb 10pts walk because they're too small....

Me and my partner were the only two "normal" people there. Everyone else was working. We shared a ginormous house with 4 popular hunters and their film crews. It was weird watching them work. One of the guys shot a big big buck.....it was all on film naturally, so we got to watch it....The raw footage was NOTHING like what it'll look like on the show. Just for starters, it was out of order. The tape starts with the dude shooting the deer....then after he calms down, there's some footage of him making the draw with his bow....then there was the basic generic introductory stuff....etc....

Then to really spoil everything for me, I found out they went back to the same spot the next day to shoot some more film to add as filler....

Now those guys showed a little bit of respect for the details....but they expect their audience to be smarter and at least slightly informed. For a show like "Swamp People"....well, it's easier to pull the wool over the eyes of the dude in NYC than it is for us. And I'll go out on a limb and say that the good people of Louisiana aren't the target audience. ;) The target perhaps, but not the audience....

Top Bottom