SWFA SS, Falcon Menace or Konus

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saggitarius449

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Olla, LA
    Does anyone have any experience with any of these Scopes? Looking for a scope for my Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD in 308 win.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 2

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    What is your intended goal for this rifle?
    I just went through this same process. If you would like to check out what I went with and some of the models I chose from just look at some of my recent threads about them.

saggitarius449

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Olla, LA
    Thanks. I'll do that. I'm looking to get into long range shooting. Looking for a good budget scope.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 2

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Throughout my week or two of searching for a good budget scope I came up on the ffp vortex viper pst 4-16x50. However the ffp is not a necessity it is just nice to have. Also do not skimp on the base and rings. No matter the Scope, it will do you no good if it doesn't stay secure and true. Get with Jay or Chris at sport optics in hammond and they will get you going.
    They carry the vortex line if you want to get a hands on with them as well as many other brands. Great guys and they are all about their customers. They are located in Hammond.
    Good luck man.

To keep it simple as I can,

SWFA SS: great scope for the money if you can deal with the fixed power. If this is strictly a long range or target gun go for it. They also tend to hold their resale pretty well.

FALCON Menace: packs a whole lot of features for the money. They are pretty good scopes for the money at that. One of the guys that shoots the match every month has one that he uses. That being said they have good scopes and some people never have a problem with them; but more than good most of the time people have to send them back. Since they are not manufactured here in the U.S. sometimes it can take a good while to get a new or rebuit scope back if the dealer doesn't have one on the shelf to spare.

KONUS: they make a pretty good spotting scope..... I have been told to steer clear of their rifle scopes but to each their own.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I've owned both the SS and the Falcon Menace. IMO, the SS had better glass, though I never did a side by side comparison. I preferred the SS over the Menace, but for the money it wasn't a bad piece of glass either. My biggest complaint was the weight and at higher settings clarity fell pretty quickly to crap. Now that the SS is available in MIL / MIL that would be my choice. Also, I second staying away from the Konus. No personal experience but I've read too many bad things about them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom