TABLET?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I think the capabilities of the Kindles are limited. We looked at one of the fires and ended up getting the basic Kindle because the features just weren't there. We were going to get a Kindle anyway, but didn't see the benefit in one of the expensive ones.

I'd probably go droid if I had to have a tablet, but I really like my netbook. Very small, compact, and it does most computer things.

we.the.people

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2012
    I have a Viewsonic gTablet, and have used it for about two years. You can get a refurbished one for $150 (see below). It has a 10" screen, 16GB RAM, and displays 1080p. It comes with a crappy interface (I thought), and I rooted it with Honeycomb. It works wonderfully now. I got a few 32GB micro Secure Digital memory cards like you use in cameras, and I can put a LOT of movies on it. It does WIFI and bluetooth just fine, and it can tether directly to my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. Right after I got it, my 3 year old daughter got her hands on it, and when I caught her she was jumping up and down on the tablet. NO DAMAGE AT ALL. It has a full-size USB port that takes my USB hard drive,

I put Torque on it too, and can now monitor my car's computer in real-time while I drive.

Now the bad news: Its camera only faces you. No camera on the back. This sucks, and they aren't going to fix it. Also it isn't as sleek and sexy-looking as the iPad.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...BTkwCjCECjCE&gclid=CO6F_raTzbICFWGnPAodTFUA5A

http://www.compusa.com/applications...BTkwCjCECjCE&gclid=CJnU-PSVzbICFXSSPAodVkoAUw

Pondering that one... whats the wifi speed like, video playback and sound?

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Also waiting on windows 8 tablets. I would love one that I could run tuner pro on and tune my old car with a tablet.

That being said, I have iPad and kindle fire. The fire is a reader. iPad is a sit on couch and browse Internet device. Nothing special and neither are anything more than glorified content consumption devices.

we.the.people

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2012
    That being said, I have iPad and kindle fire. The fire is a reader. iPad is a sit on couch and browse Internet device. Nothing special and neither are anything more than glorified content consumption devices.

Agreed, I don't even purchase cable for that reason, not much to do out on an oil rig for 14 days on your off time though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom