Tactical flashlights in stock in New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    Ok, so I'm looking for a small flashlight to keep on my person that won't break the bank. And I'd like to get it sooner than later. That being said, does anyone know where I can find a tactical light IN STOCK somewhere in New Orleans? I see a few I like, NEBO Redline, Streamlight Protac 2L, etc. I'd love to look at one in person, but don't know where to go. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any info on this topic.

BMN

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Check out Chalmette jewelry. He had sure fire and some other brands last time I was there. His prices were also better than income find online.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I just picked up one of these thanks to Mcinfantry, and its by far the best light I've used. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375481457.495421.jpg

MOTOR51

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I just picked up one of these thanks to Mcinfantry, and its by far the best light I've used. View attachment 42740

MOTOR51

I think I have seen one of those and I wanted to get it, it was a nice looking light, but had just purchased my streamlight protac 2L.
    It has done everything it has been asked for the last 3 months. Dropped several times above 10 feet.
    Also took it to the bottom of my pond to check some underwater gear out. About 10-12' deep.

260 lumens high
    Strobe
    Low
    I haven't changed out the original batteries either.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    I actually stopped by the Harahan Academy on the way home and found they had the Streamlight Protac 2L in stock. I took it up to the register and bought it, but after the transaction I asked about the price as something didn't look right. I guess I wasn't thinking (or maybe I've seen too many lights over the past few days) and it didn't register that the price should have been $59.99 plus tax. Anyway, the price that was hanging on the wall was $34.99, so I managed to pick up one of the lights I was looking for at nearly half price. Anyway, thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I actually stopped by the Harahan Academy on the way home and found they had the Streamlight Protac 2L in stock. I took it up to the register and bought it, but after the transaction I asked about the price as something didn't look right. I guess I wasn't thinking (or maybe I've seen too many lights over the past few days) and it didn't register that the price should have been $59.99 plus tax. Anyway, the price that was hanging on the wall was $34.99, so I managed to pick up one of the lights I was looking for at nearly half price. Anyway, thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Did you get the newest version though?
    It may have been on clearance and was the older model. 180lumens vs the 260 and I think there was something else.
    If it is the 260 you got a really good deal. I'm sure the 180 will do fine but I like the extra output.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have the new model Protac 2L and the Protac HL and the HL is worth the extra $20 bucks if you want extra light. It is a little bit bulkier and doesn't fit in a pocket as easily. The 2L makes a great car light. Also, a good place to find all of the above mentioned lights is Amazon!

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    Did you get the newest version though?
    It may have been on clearance and was the older model. 180lumens vs the 260 and I think there was something else.
    If it is the 260 you got a really good deal. I'm sure the 180 will do fine but I like the extra output.

The paperwork inside says 260, and it's almost as bright as my TLR-1 which is 300 I believe. Anyway the price was supposed to be $59.99 but there was a mixup on the pricing on the wall. I'm definitely not complaining.

And the HL I looked at, but didn't like the idea of the bulky lamp area, and I plan to keep this on me in my pocket. Carrying that bigger lamp around would be a hassle I think.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The paperwork inside says 260, and it's almost as bright as my TLR-1 which is 300 I believe. Anyway the price was supposed to be $59.99 but there was a mixup on the pricing on the wall. I'm definitely not complaining.

And the HL I looked at, but didn't like the idea of the bulky lamp area, and I plan to keep this on me in my pocket. Carrying that bigger lamp around would be a hassle I think.

Well, I have an idea of what I might go look at tomorrow

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Yeah. The HL is definitely not a normal pocket light. I have put it in a back pocket or a cargo shorts pocket and it worked fine, but the 2L is much better for carrying around. I keep a Streamlight Penlight (the brighter one) with me all the time and love it!

2L is a good light unless you need a pocket spotlight...then the HL wins.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I left academy on Siegen about 2 hours ago. It didn't have any type of streamlight product that I could find. I noticed a decrease in some equipment.... Asked a manager why. They were bought out by KKR which is also the owner of the "dollar general"
    So look for quality to fall off maybe. They don't even carry offshore gear anymore. Corporate told them they will be downsizing that area of product by a lot, that they aren't in the coastal zone enough to sell it.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville

Here ya go man. Size pic that book is only about 12" long, and some performance. The dark pic is pointed straight where the shop is. Then it illuminated with the light on high. This light has about 3 hours of use on it as well so I don't know if it is a tad dimmer now or not, haven't noticed it.
    puqamygu.jpg

ujupuvep.jpg

5a6y7a7e.jpg

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    This light is not exactly "tactical", but what does that term really mean anyway? I've been looking at getting this light recently and I think I will go ahead and order it next payday. Brite Strike EPLI. I've read good reviews on it. Runs on 2 "AAA" batteries. 220 lumens high, 110 lumens low.

This light isn't meant to be mounted to a firearm if that's what anyone is looking for. I wasn't, so I think this might make a good addition to my EDC bag.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058K80O0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0058K80O0&linkCode=as2&tag=dietry-20

sixgundunn

Wheelgunner
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    New Orleans
    In general, I have found NEBO lights to be underpowered as compared to Streamlights of the same lumen rating. Perhaps Streamlights are rated conservatively.

Top Bottom