tactical pants that dont look tactical

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Can anyone recommend pants or cargo type shorts that are good for carrying gear and a handgun that doesn't give off a tactical look? Preferably with a little bit of elastic in the waist for when I carry IWB.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Last edited:

2011ERIC

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Belle Chasse, La
    The 5:11 pants have some elastic in the waist. But honestly, I have been wearing Old Navy cargo pants and love them. They fit better for me than Blackhawk, 5:11 and Vertx and are only $30. They also can be worn as casual unlike the others that scream "Tactical"

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    If you're in New Orleans there is a Army Surplus store out by the airport <http://www.perretsarmysurplus.com/>. They have a bunch of gear including 5.11 tactical. The pant that sheds water, has a mag pocket, and a knife pocket is comfortable. They also have shorts and material is quite durable. I even where them working outside.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    No elastic but I have a some Wranglers that I picked up at Wal-Mart for a decent price. I wear the shorts almost everyday to work during the summer and the pants a couple of times each week when its too cold for the shorts. I've never received a second glance from anyone. To me, they don't look tactical. Might work for you if you can get past the lack of elastic waistband.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=wrangler+cargo&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

These are wellade. Have gone through a few of these
    over the years.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I agree with the Old Navy pants, used to be all I'd get for years, but they are not the same year to year, as they go though different suppliers, and lately I have not been impressed with them. The front pockets are shallow now, can't fit a .38 spl as well, and the quality seems lower. If you don't mind paying more for better quality that lasts longer, Redhead and Columbia are excellent. You can get them at Bass Pro. I went form Vietnam surplus pants in Jr. high, highscool (less than $5.00 for pants!! back then, not now) to cargo as an adult, as I have never been a jean guy.

Toork

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    True-Spec 24-7 classic. Have 2 hidden cargo pockets hidden in the seam on both sides. Traditional pockets & 2 knife pockets. Water proof Rip stop fabric, elastic waste & wrinkle free!

Also take note! If you have XL hands like I do the upper hidden pocket is useless.

Although ironing could help my wrinkled pants! Lol
    9a7u5eme.jpg

sydeqy5u.jpg

I believe 5.11 has a competing style. I'll prob pick a pair of them up eventually too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Iii ni a

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    I got some nice jeans from cycle gear, reinforced knees, supposedly kevlar threading, etc. They work great, don't wear out, and blue jeans blend in everywhere.

Top Bottom