Tales of the FAL Fiend: Chapter 7

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    I know that there are at least a few FAL-hounds here on BS. Y'all might like to see this. My Argy FAL has come home..finally!!
    This was an Argentine Type IV kit (Para rear sights and closed ear gas block), bought from Sarco. Another FAL fanatic and BS member Kajun Triton, sold me an Argentine import receiver, so all the various parts were sent off to the builder. I already have a 21" G1 with optics and bipod, so I wanted this one to be a short, light, fast carbine. Barrel was shortened to 16.5, short Belgian flash hider installed, and rifle was Cerakoted and assembled. It runs like a scalded ape! I put 200 rounds of Port, DAG and S&B mixed through it today and all it needed was the front sight adjusted. No runs, no hits no errors.
    100_3633.jpg

100_3631.jpg

100_3627.jpg

100_3630.jpg

If you have even THOUGHT about a FAL..the Sarco kits will be gone before you know it.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Absolutely love it! I took some fiends out shootinging the other day and they all brought thier AR's . I dumped 20 rounds out the FAL and you should have seen the look on thier faces when a 6 inch diameter Pin oak fall in the background.*unintentional* It was like magic right after last round you heard the creeking and then it fell. It was right behind my target and I was only one that had shot that direction so no other claims. I was like..... One of these days you boys will learn. No replacement for displacement!!
    If I could afford it I'd only shoot .308.
    295273_404391369610315_978011261_n.jpg
    Found the pic on phone :D And kids that play Modern Warfare think Tin and cars would save them... LOL No such thing as cover... Only delaying the inevitable.. Around round 9 0r 10 they will beat thier way thru.

Last edited:

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Beautiful gun Tx.Oil. I have her twin sister, and it is one of my favorites. The handling and balance of the 16 inch barrel is great, the
    deafening blast from the short Belgian muzzle break is not. Ear plug and enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom