Talk about standing behind your product.......

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The last person to do a deadly stunt like this in Texas killed himself in front of a large audience by shooting himself in the chest wearing one of his ballistic vests. The round struck high and angled upward after hitting the vest. This was his routine trying to sell his equipment.
    Fading memory but I think he used a .357 Magnum and if I am wrong someone on BS will correct me.

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    The only guy I am aware of who used to shoot himself after donning one of his company's ballistic vest was Richard Davis of Second Chance Body Armor. The company ran into trouble after producing vests made of "zylon" and was beseiged with lawsuits. The original vest of kevlar was a industry standard and saved countless police officer's lives. Second Chance was sold to another armor company and I think Safariland now owns the name "Second Chance".

Richard to my knowledge was never injured seriously while demonstrating his vests. The company originated in the Great Lakes area, btw.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I do not remember the name but I saw the video of the person wearing the vest kill himself and I am pretty certain it happened in Texas.
    He was demonstrating how well his companies vest worked. Maybe 6 years ago? It was filmed in front of a large audience.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Life is valuable? Don't sit behind glass while your employee shoots at you with his AK-47 no matter how proud you are of your product.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom