Tallow Creek Shooting Grounds

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    asianpersuasion what time will you be at the range I live 15 mins from it? maybe I could do some shooting with you if i find a babysitter.
    Keith

When we went there were alot of guys sighting in their rifles. My art professor is VERY metrosexual. I don't think those guys liked him.

well lets go one weekend!

I don't have a OWB holster. That and I don't want to be the guy that shoots his toe off.

Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    I've been going to tallow creek for the past couple of weeks. I don't like the fact that I can't move the targets where I want them. But it is close.

I want to make it to the buffer zone but lately I'm lucky if I can take an hour and go to Tallow Creek.

I want to do some wetpack tests. Can I do that at the buffer zone?

meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    Tallow Creek stinks,
    I go every now and then when time is an issue. You used to have to stand in mud after a rain at the pistol area. They finally put some old carpet on the ground. Be Ok if they didn't charge so much. Be ready to eat the ejected rounds of the one next to you.

Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    They have those plastic divider things that I guess help but everytime ive been lately there was no one else there.

My biggest complaint is that you can't move the targets closer.

Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    Add me to the "Tallow Creek Sucks" group. I hate the no FMJ rule. I prefer Honey Island.

That is only for the rifle. I've been shooting FMJ there in my pistols. I wish they would allow rapid fire.

I noticed at the Bass Pro Shops range they had that rule(no fmj) scratched through on the list.

Has Honey Island been busy? I've heard they had so I haven't gone. No one goes to tallow creek so I never have to wait. lol

Top Bottom