Tallow Creek

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stateguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Anyone know the prices for tallow creek? Can't find it on the internet. Posted on tigerdroppings and the only reply the guy wasn't completely sure when he answered. TIA

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    Not sure of the exact terminology but I was there 9 days ago. The 5 stand was like 18- 20 bucks, and the back course (100 clays from different locations) was like 35 dollars. Pistol and Rifle range was 10 dollars a hour. (no FMJ).

todbnla

Spendasauris
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    If this is the range around covington, heard they arent too AR friendly unless you like to wait 3 seconds between ea shot? Heard this from 2 seperate AR shooters who dont know one another, YMMV.

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    If this is the range around covington, heard they arent too AR friendly unless you like to wait 3 seconds between ea shot? Heard this from 2 seperate AR shooters who dont know one another, YMMV.

No rapid fire on either the rifle or pistol ranges. No FMJ on the rifle range. Minor annoyances for something that's close by and accessable.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    No rapid fire on either the rifle or pistol ranges. No FMJ on the rifle range. Minor annoyances for something that's close by and accessable.

Minor annoyances?! I don't even think I own a single round of non-FMJ rifle ammo. I live about 5 minutes from Tallow Creek and still absolutely will not go to that ********. I've heard their skeet range is nice, and I guess if you needed to zero a hunting rifle (without FMJ ammo) it would be okay. Otherwise avoid at all costs.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Minor annoyances?! I don't even think I own a single round of non-FMJ rifle ammo. I live about 5 minutes from Tallow Creek and still absolutely will not go to that ********. I've heard their skeet range is nice, and I guess if you needed to zero a hunting rifle (without FMJ ammo) it would be okay. Otherwise avoid at all costs.

Yeah. I heard about the no FMJ BS... I'd rather drive another 45 minutes and go somewhere that's cheaper and no rather stupid rules.

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    So why go there! Honey Island $6.00 all day can use up to and including 50 cal and MGs.

Will soon have electric throwers for clay stands.

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Not to mention they have NRA certified Range Safety Officers....and not just some guy sitting there with his.....(feel free to complete sentence).

alto8345

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Folsom, LA
    save the time and money and take a nice trip to Honey Island. i live in Bedico (right out of Madisonville) and TC is right around the corner. I go out and spend the day at honey island and save money and its a nice range.

Raguel3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    live in Ponch also,..While Im outside town and test fire a lot on my own property, like to have a place to take my Pops with me and spend a while, going to have to make a run out to Honey Island and see how it goes.

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore

Then break down and buy some. TC doesn't exclude BTHP, just ball.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    This place is pretty sad, I can't say I ever will go back.

I pass it multiple times a week when I go out to my girlfriends place, never stop. I wish them the best of luck but they don't meet my criteria of a fun time.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering

+100.....even their ******** is a poor excuse for a ********.

I live close enough to hear a shot every once in a while and I pity the poor guy shooting at that miserable place.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    go to Pearl Riveer management area Honey Island Shooting Range 24 yd pistol, 100 yd rifle, 7 electric clay throwers $6.00 per DAY not hour plus $3.00 per 25 clays

Max's Choice

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Meraux La
    I am glad I live in st. Bernard . I am 10 minutes from range and shoot when ever. Some things they don't like but u can live with. U can draw but not to fast as honey island they won't let u draw .

Last edited:

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    Me and a buddy of mine brought our kids out there to shoot. I might have shot all of 30 rounds in two hours and they charged all 4 of us for 2 hours.

Top Bottom