Tapatalk changing owners

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I just got an email from another forum stating that they are discontinuing support for Tapatalk due to a change in ownership.
    Just curious if anyone has more details about this change and if bayoushooter plans continue to support the app.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I absolutely can't stand Tapatalk. I've tried for years to get used to it and use it, but I always ditch it and come back to my PC or just use the web browser on my phone. Maybe I'm just not tech savvy enough for Tapatalk.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I absolutely can't stand Tapatalk. I've tried for years to get used to it and use it, but I always ditch it and come back to my PC or just use the web browser on my phone. Maybe I'm just not tech savvy enough for Tapatalk.
    I felt the same way when I first tried it. Once I figured it out and got it set up, there's no way I'd choose a browser over Tapatalk for forum use on a phone. Again, another reason it is so nice is because I can access multiple forums in the same app.

Here's some screenshots to show my Tapatalk "browser", starting from the home screen all the way to this reply.
    c7705479cf3b221288d1d3509432a0fd.jpg
    870cedff24977db908ec894bdc32ca39.jpg
    8e010ef506950d8ac7d9d0d328eefcce.jpg
    7ec10bb1c88126d243d2ce7a00c7e8fe.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Tapatalk can keep all your forums in one spot so it has something going for it. But Tapatalk doesn't show the forums. It shows the information from the forum. Tapatalk gets the web page and displays the information however it wants. They don't always implement features found on the site. And they don't always abide by every restriction set by the site. With the old version of the site, when people would have an issue, the first response would be to ask if they are going trough Tapatalk. If they were, we'd ask them to try to replicate the issue on the actual site.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    The golf forum I was part of stopped using Tapatalk.

I'm hardly ever on my computer and visit a couple of forum sites. Tapatalk makes it easier to me.
    If any forum that I participate on shifts away from Tapatalk, I will likely end up only using it for classifieds. The Tapatalk format has absolutely spoiled me to the point that I just don't think I'd care to use the web version any more than I have to.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Same man, same.

As for change in things, I have no clue. @puritanize - Any feedback?

puritanize

Administrator
    Admin
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sanger, Texas
    Tapatalk, sorry, still need to ponder this.

They have changed over the years, they have tried more with their own platform, and technically support the regular forums like this less. Now the ownership change may be the final straw.

The new classifieds won't work with Tapatalk, simply because custom fields of any kind are added they do not recognize.

Top Bottom