Tarus PT 92 5 inch stainless

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmounce

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I went out shooting this morining with a friend and shot his Tarus pt 92 5inch stainless and really liked it. He is looking to do a trade or a cheap sale to purchase a compact. My question is for anyone is owns this gun what are your thoughts on dependability and over fit and finish after a couple years please no Tarus haters just straight up knowledge of this gun. I want the good bad and ugly on this gun. Thanks Gary

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    I have the PT99, which is the adjustable-sight version. I love it.

Quite frankly, the gun does NOT misfire. I've had 2 FTF, and 2 FTE's over the course of ownership, and that's been over 5-6k rounds. I practice with the cheap "brown bear" Russian surplus junk, and it works just as well as premium defense rounds.

Accuracy is absolutely top notch.
    Very little evidence of wear, and ZERO rust after 5-6k rounds and 2+ years.

----

Downside is that the sights may be difficult to see in anything less than daylight conditions. I suggest a laser to ensure nighttime guidance. Night sights are damn near impossible to install, due to the front dot being embedded in the slide.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Got a PT92AFS in hi-polish SS and Hogue grips but have only had a few hundred rounds thru it - absoutely no problems and quite accurate. (Selling for $415 if your deal dosen't work out).

Top Bottom