Tattoo Info Help

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Need some advise on how to go about finding the right tattoo artist. I am looking to get a half sleeve done on my bicep. Since this is a permanent piece of art, how do I go about finding out if the artist puts out quality work. Is there a National Tattoo Association with info or anything of the sort? Not looking for the hook-up here guys, just helpful info on showing me the right direction to take in my search. Thanks!

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It's all about the portfolios. Even the best artists still have unique styles and the key is finding the one best in tune with your needs.

I will say most of the best artists are in NOLA. Eye Candy, World Class Tattoo, and Tattooagogo are some good places to start looking at portfolios.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    It's all about the portfolios. Even the best artists still have unique styles and the key is finding the one best in tune with your needs.

I will say most of the best artists are in NOLA. Eye Candy, World Class Tattoo, and Tattooagogo are some good places to start looking at portfolios.

This.

I can personally reccomend zach at tattoos by Dody in Pville and Chris Cagle @ Baton Rouge tattoo.

Pick your style of art and then the artist. Not all artists can do all styles.

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    Find the tattoo parlor you want to use, go in and see the portfolio of the artist.
    Since you are going for 1/2 sleeve, maybe your design will allow for one piece to be done before committing to the whole sleeve. This way you can check out the work of the artist and allow for correction if needed by another artist.

It is your money, your body and your design. Ask questions of artist: how long as he/she done tattoos, show recent examples of work, sterile equipment, ink that will be used.
    It is not uncommon to have an allergic reaction to certain inks, so before jumping in with both feet, test the water.

John
    Yes, I have tattoos and a job

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Need some advise on how to go about finding the right tattoo artist. I am looking to get a half sleeve done on my bicep. Since this is a permanent piece of art, how do I go about finding out if the artist puts out quality work. Is there a National Tattoo Association with info or anything of the sort? Not looking for the hook-up here guys, just helpful info on showing me the right direction to take in my search. Thanks!

check out Richard hart with art addiction tattoo studio on coursey
    lots of good artist here but Richard has several awards. recent one from the NOLA tattoo convention last year
    http://www.artaddictiontattoo.com/richards_portfolio

if you are wanting some traditional work go with Daniel Mesen at Blacktorch Tattoo parlor on perkins
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.135815999954628.1073741832.128506947352200&type=3

Last edited:

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Electric Ladyland in NOLA does awesome work. Just do your research and select the artist that best suits what you want. I hate to see you on Spike's "Tattoo Nightmares".

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    check out Richard hart with art addiction tattoo studio on coursey
    lots of good artist here but Richard has several awards. recent one from the NOLA tattoo convention last year
    http://www.artaddictiontattoo.com/richards_portfolio

if you are wanting some traditional work go with Daniel Mesen at Blacktorch Tattoo parlor on perkins
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.135815999954628.1073741832.128506947352200&type=3

Richard does some of the best portraits I have ever seen, they look like kodak printed them! His girlfriend callie marie- also at art addiction on coursey has done 2 of mine. I saw something similar in her portfolio, called and talked to her and outright asked if she could do what I wanted and make it look like i intended. She agreed and it came out perfect!
    Different artist can do some things better than they can do other things. Find one versed in the style you want and talk with them about it.
    Any artist that you can just walk in and get ink right then is usually not that great. Good artists are booked for months in advance sometimes.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Richard does some of the best portraits I have ever seen, they look like kodak printed them! His girlfriend callie marie- also at art addiction on coursey has done 2 of mine. I saw something similar in her portfolio, called and talked to her and outright asked if she could do what I wanted and make it look like i intended. She agreed and it came out perfect!
    Different artist can do some things better than they can do other things. Find one versed in the style you want and talk with them about it.
    Any artist that you can just walk in and get ink right then is usually not that great. Good artists are booked for months in advance sometimes.

He does do some amazing portraits. But he is good at it all. I haven't seen a style he can't do very well! I would say his weakest may be traditional. Richard doesn't stay booked up much. He is also very reasonable in his prices for the quality you get. He is always upfront and will tell you what works and what doesn't. I have seen him sit with a customer for 3-4hours just to get an idea of what they want. Callie is very good too! So is mason and kristin!

CMorse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Breaux Bridge
    I can honestly say Greg at The Studio Tattoo in Lafayette is top notch. He has been doing my half sleeve for some time now. Greg guy and great artist. I know it a hump for you, but look him up.

blackwater26504

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    ZeroTolerance Ink Tattoo Studio 1 Charlie's a gun guy 2 He's done some of the best art I've seen 3 Unlike other shops he actually has given back to charities around town. 4 He's a gun guy unlike the hippy shops in NOLA.

Top Bottom