Taurus 1911 with Wilson Combat mags

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NoveskeTiger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Baton Rouge
    1446919229_---2542283.gif

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    1911s are hit and miss i bought a pt1911 when it first came out. never ever ftf, fte, battery issue etc. ive had a sig extreme nib, that wouldn't feed after the first round fired
    i have few higher end 1911s, and the pt1911 runs with them. it slide isn't as tight or smooth, but it will fire any .45acp you give it.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Wow - I see you are getting 3 shots without jamming. Outstanding!

Seriously, this hits close to home, as I recently finally had to remove the firing pin block and spring on my son's Taurus to get it to fire consistently. Kept failing to fire, with light primer strikes. Then after about 20 rounds with no FTF, it doubled on me. Still haven't got that figured out.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    My issues with Taurus products in general is that there is usually a similar priced option that is better. I have owned a dozen Taurus revolvers, and even the best (raging bull 44) was not as well made as the worst smith revolver I have handled. And a nice condition used smith revo can be had for the same price as a new Taurus. My 1st 9mm was a pt92. Dad has one of Taurus' s&w 45 clones. We have not shoot either enough to determine if they were reliable, however neither has had issues so far. I had a few of Taurus polymer frame items and they were all crap. Awful triggers, sloppy fit, etc. I would much prefer a sigma over that junk. I just cannot see the sense in dropping 350-400 on a new Taurus when you can get a used glock for slightly more. Even glock haters will agree that a glock is better than a Taurus. I have purchased berretta 92s and s&w 3rd gen autos in great used condition for the same or less than the Taurus clones. Maybe the Taurus prices appeal to the unwashed masses at a gun show?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom