Taurus Curve... It's strange

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    problem that i see is its a small .380 that isn't smaller than its competitors.

pocket .380's don't have printing issues anyway- its the only reason they sell at all. the "curve" is gimmicky and stupid, just my initial impression.

DStewart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    New Orleans
    I can agree with it being gimmicky. It's not really my cup of tea. I mean I have to say they really thought out of the box, but I kinda like the box.

Dave, yeah I saw some too, they were cracking me up.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Kind of like the KSG- it's a niche market gun that very few people have any use for, and it's over-priced. I'm betting there are reliability issues out the door, too. Not a fan, but if it gives someone the option to carry when they didn't have one before, then fine.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    So, we're going to sit around and knock the gun before any of us have fired it? Gotcha.

Personally, I already have the Bodyguard .380, don't really have a need for another .380. I think it looks cool. I'd like to shoot it, just to say I did it. Given that it's a Taurus, I wouldn't expect too much from it, but I'd be open minded about firing it.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    First thought, I question the pocket gun that says " That’s right, no holster needed."

It also says, for IWB carry, " A removable belt clip is also bolted to the right side of the frame, allowing the pistol to be worn in your waistline for clever concealment with an included triggerguard protector." But I see no picture of the trigger protector.

I'd love to shoot one, and personally don't knock it just because it is a Taurus, but I'm not sure it would be any better for me personally than the Ruger LCR I currently have for this purpose.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    First thought, I question the pocket gun that says " That’s right, no holster needed."

It also says, for IWB carry, " A removable belt clip is also bolted to the right side of the frame, allowing the pistol to be worn in your waistline for clever concealment with an included triggerguard protector." But I see no picture of the trigger protector.

I'd love to shoot one, and personally don't knock it just because it is a Taurus, but I'm not sure it would be any better for me personally than the Ruger LCR I currently have for this purpose.

Look at the pics at the bottom of the article. It comes with a Raven Vanguard 1 knockoff, basically.

I didn't notice them mentioning capacity while I was reading. Does anybody know what that is? I could see it being a solution for when someone needs a super-deep-concealment handgun, and wants something better than a NAA mini revolver. But being a semi-auto, it better be really reliable.

Edit: here

taurus_curve_19.jpg

Last edited:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    So, we should praise it before any of us have fire it?

I'm pretty sure I didn't say that.

I think it's pretty doggone silly to bash a gun that just hit the market, and nobody here has even held in their hand. If someone has shot it and offered negative feedback on it, that's another thing entirely.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Idea of the gun contouring to your body is pretty innvovative. But ergonomically I wonder how it will feel in hand.

Top Bottom