Taurus Judge 3.5"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96ssindeed

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Livingston. La
    Alright guys just got my next handgun to add to the collection. Picked up a Judge from a buddy of mine, came with half a box of .45 colt, half a box of .410 slugs, and a black hawk holster and cleaning kit. Its the darker gray lightweight version and so far I love it. Won't have a chance to shoot it probably until this weekend so I can't comment on how I think it shoots but it should entertain me.

Last edited:

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    i like the one with the short barrel i just cant justify it to my girl at the moment. she still doesnt know about the m&p 9, the second sp101 or the sti 9mm and the j frame. and she thinks my dad is nice for giving me his taurus 608 i feel so ashamed. hehe not!!!

jailhouse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    my mom has a judge, it is good for her, but the grip is so tiny I feel like I am using a gun built for a kid when I shoot it. I like the idea behind it though.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I haven't read many positive things about The Judge.

What are y'all's experiences with it?

There were complaints about the availability of ammo, both .45 and 410, its limited range, accuracy, etc.

Now that it has been in service a while, what's the verdict?

96ssindeed

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Livingston. La
    Just got back from a trip to Cabela's with my dad. Got a 50rd box of .45 colt and a few boxes of .410 including the winchester pdx1. Hopefully gonna go shoot in a little bit so, i'll let you guys know what i think.

96ssindeed

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Livingston. La
    Finally got to go shoot earlier today. Shot a pretty good amount of .45 lc, .410 slugs, and a few 000 buckshot. Also put a couple of the pdx1's through it. Didn't recoil as much as I thought it would, which is great. I forgot to get my buddy to bring his camera, so I don't have any pics, but hopefully I'll be able to go to a range with it and we'll get some shot of how it groups different loads. But in a nut shell, I love it and its fun as hell to shoot.

The verdict is Taurus Judge - A+

On a side note, the pdx1 shot a ridiculously nice pattern at about 15 feet. I know whats gonna be loaded in it while it sits next to the bed lol.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    attachment.php

Poly Judge...but they don't call it that, shorter shotshell too, still cool...screams for a cross draw

:rockon:

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Lots of people got .410 slugs when the judge first game out, thinking that it would make such a potent defense round... but .45 Colt is way more powerful!

Really no point to a .410 slug at all in that gun.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I haven't read many positive things about The Judge.

What are y'all's experiences with it?

There were complaints about the availability of ammo, both .45 and 410, its limited range, accuracy, etc.

Now that it has been in service a while, what's the verdict?

Ummmm....any Walmart or Academy has loads of .410. .45 is a little harder to find and very expensive but I reload for that so not an issue on my part.

I love my Judge. It performs well enough for what it is. At longer distances the shotshell opens too much due to the rifling in the barrel but with the New Winchester ammo it works well because you have the three disk that sit in front of the shot so you get the firepower of 3 slugs and some shot in one round.

96ssindeed

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Livingston. La
    Ummmm....any Walmart or Academy has loads of .410. .45 is a little harder to find and very expensive but I reload for that so not an issue on my part.

I love my Judge. It performs well enough for what it is. At longer distances the shotshell opens too much due to the rifling in the barrel but with the New Winchester ammo it works well because you have the three disk that sit in front of the shot so you get the firepower of 3 slugs and some shot in one round.

Yep, i love it. Like i said the pdx1 performs very well in my opinion

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom