Taurus PT Millennium too dangerous for carry ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    From her short demo, it looked like the handgun flipped upward while in a Smart Carry holster when the rear of the gun struck the gun.
    Albuquerque woman tells story of accidental shooting

Judy Price says the Taurus PT Millennium gun has a big glitch.

Now, she wants to spread her story to warn others and get the gun off the market.

She said the gun shot her when she accidentally dropped it, and she knows of five other similar instances.

On Nov. 24, 2009, Judy said the gun fell from its holster when she took off her sweatshirt.

"When it hit the floor it went bang. And it shot me," she said.

The incident has sparked her crusade against the gun manufacturer.

Price admitted the safety wasn't on, but she said in other cases the safety was on and the gun still fired a shot.
    http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2408781.shtml

:)

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    Sounds to me that Mrs Price needs to learn how to handle her weapon better and stop bashing the manufacture.

Last edited:

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    I had one that sent two rounds downrange when I charged the weapon. Went back to Taurus and never was shot by myself again. I went and received a refund where I purchased it. Hunk of **** if ever I saw one.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Sounds suspicious to me, and you have to take her word for it, and who's going to admit to damn near killing themselves with an ND?
    She would be going pretty far to keep up the lie.
    Now she tells her story to anyone who will listen.

She has spoken at concealed weapon carry classes.

She even has homemade fliers that she distributed to friends and family.

Price plans to pass out the fliers at gun shows.

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    Woman is careless taking off her sweater, gun falls, without safety on (which shouldn't be relied on anyways as safety devices are mechanical and can fail), and goes bang, hmmmmm. Normally something bad will happen when an object in motion meets an object that is not in motion but is sufficient enough to stop the moving object. With that logic, if you are careless in a car, run off the road, and slam into a tree and get hurt, was it the manufacturer of the cars fault? You can't blame the manufacturer for your carelessness, now if the gun was sitting on the nightstand and just went off without any manipulation, I could see that, anyways, just my .02

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I could go to gun shows, print up papers, and go to CC classes and claim that I'm the Queen of England too, that doesn't make it so.

AND If I did happen to somehow manage to shoot myself and I was the only one who knew the REAL story, you can bet your ass I would swear on a stack of bibles and yell from the highest rooftops it was the gun's fault.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I could have done without the picture of her in pantys .EEEEK :puke:

Well, for her age it wasn't that bad. Especially compared to the big ass hole in her stomach that ruined the entire thing.
    Wuts she carryin' around a gun that previously discharged when it was dropped before anyway?

Stupid is stupid does. If $ was the issue she could have least carried it with an empty chamber til she got something else, hell tell a dealer the problem & trade it to them for a cheap revolver & let them fix it and resell it.

No need in shootin' holes in ya colon gal.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Now she tells her story to anyone who will listen.

She has spoken at concealed weapon carry classes.

She even has homemade fliers that she distributed to friends and family.

Price plans to pass out the fliers at gun shows.
    Dang. I wonder if I could get her to pass out a bunch of our LOCAL fliers while she's at it. LOL.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    1. It apparently takes a long time for "the word" to get to Mew Mexico. The rest of the world (with a few exceptions here on bs.com) already knew that Tauri are unsafe -- primarily because they are prone to malfunction when you are in dire need of a weapon.

2. Y'all should cut this lady some slack. After all, she had to deal with bullet in her "innards."

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Isn't this the douchebag who dropped her piece in a public toilet?
    There was a woman in Tampa that had her handgun flop out of its holster by the name of Debra Monce.
    When the handgun hit the floor, it discharged hitting a woman stitting in the next stall over
    http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/Woman_shot_in_bathroom_stall_070909

Or are you talking about the guy that had his Kahr P40 fall from his holster and shoot up a commode.
    Had to get some toilet shrapnel removed from his bum.
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705277512/Man-hurt-when-gun-blasts-toilet.html
    700334594.jpg

Sounds to me like she's building a wrongful injury lawsuit.
    Taurus did pay her an out of court settlement back in August.
    I could go to gun shows, print up papers, and go to CC classes and claim that I'm the Queen of England too, that doesn't make it so.
    She has documentation and reports from other people that claim the Taurus handgun was faulty.

Taurus felt she wasn't worth the time and money in court and paid her a settlement.

Last edited:

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    That's the one.

Some people should avoid machinery.

And I still question these mysterious "hit the floor and it just goes off" deals. A pre-Series 80 1911, or other older pistol with no FPB and an inertia firing pin... sure. But some of these above-mentioned incidents involving "modern" pistols sound suspiciously like the few incidents I know of where a cop dropped his piece and grabbed it, or grabbed it as it fell out of the holster, and grabbed the trigger.

I'll bet that's it.

Top Bottom