Tea party at BR state capitol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I hate to sound like a nay sayer, because I can respect anybody who spends their time and effort trying to have a positive influence on our government's actions. BUT, I think the massive outcry against the first TARP by the public, which was completely ignored by our congress and president (then GW Bush) showed that nobody in Washington really cares what we say, do, or think.

I hear everybody talking about peaceful ways to change the course of our country, but I got news for those people. When our forefathers talked about the right of the people to abolish a tyrannical government and replace it with a new one, they weren't thinking that it could be done by walking the streets with a poster. Sure, they reserved the right for peaceful protest by citizens in response to grievances against our government, but I think we are WAY past that. First off, you can't have a "peaceful" protest anymore because while the protesters are being peaceful, the nazi cops in black riot gear certainly don't have "peace" on their minds. Have you seen these guys?? They are covered in more body armor than our soldiers fighting terrorist in the middle east!!! It is a ******* joke, and the cops that participate in the violation of the oath they took should be hung for treason.

I support the people who attend these tea parties, but I am sorry to say that I don't think it really makes any difference. Both the President and Congress already know what their agendas are and nothing you say will change that.

On a side note, every 2 years this country does have a means to peacefully change the direction of our country. They can go to the voting polls and vote for ANYBODY other than the candidates who are part of the two party monarchy. There are a few exceptions to that rule, but for the most part they are all sellouts. BUT, the dumb asses in this country just keep buying into the ******** Donkey vs. Elephant scam and the traitors keep getting re-elected.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I hate to sound like a nay sayer, because I can respect anybody who spends their time and effort trying to have a positive influence on our government's actions. BUT, I think the massive outcry against the first TARP by the public, which was completely ignored by our congress and president (then GW Bush) showed that nobody in Washington really cares what we say, do, or think.

I hear everybody talking about peaceful ways to change the course of our country, but I got news for those people. When our forefathers talked about the right of the people to abolish a tyrannical government and replace it with a new one, they weren't thinking that it could be done by walking the streets with a poster. Sure, they reserved the right for peaceful protest by citizens in response to grievances against our government, but I think we are WAY past that. First off, you can't have a "peaceful" protest anymore because while the protesters are being peaceful, the nazi cops in black riot gear certainly don't have "peace" on their minds. Have you seen these guys?? They are covered in more body armor than our soldiers fighting terrorist in the middle east!!! It is a ******* joke, and the cops that participate in the violation of the oath they took should be hung for treason.

I support the people who attend these tea parties, but I am sorry to say that I don't think it really makes any difference. Both the President and Congress already know what their agendas are and nothing you say will change that.

On a side note, every 2 years this country does have a means to peacefully change the direction of our country. They can go to the voting polls and vote for ANYBODY other than the candidates who are part of the two party monarchy. There are a few exceptions to that rule, but for the most part they are all sellouts. BUT, the dumb asses in this country just keep buying into the ******** Donkey vs. Elephant scam and the traitors keep getting re-elected.

It might not have a single affect on our government, but what it does do is make others aware of what is going on. More and more people are starting to open their eyes and see what is happening. We are a people with a government, not a government with a people. Our government can be taken back, but it takes everyone to unite. These TEA parties are Americans starting to unite.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I hope you are right Sound. Truly I do. But I have been involved for a long time. I keep a sharp eye on foreign debts, trade deficits, budget deficits, deficit spending, entitlement programs, the cost of maintaining a our overseas empire, the actions of our congress and president, AND the actions of "We The People" in response to it all.

What I have seen, and still see on a massive scale, is not only a lack of understanding by the average American, but a complete lack of interest. I truly believe that the overwhelming majority of the people in this country have been so self absorbed in their own greed and hegemony for so long, that nothing short of economic collapse will wake them up. Just the other day a friend of mine told me that his parents took a out a second mortgage on their home to buy a $100,000 RV. I also work with a guy who finally got his road home government handout, even though he was able to completely rebuild his home with the insurance money he received, and the first thing he did is go by a $2500 set of golf clubs. This guy is a white collar engineer WITH KIDS mind you. He can't even see that he just stole $80,000 from his children!!!! I didn't know if I should just walk away or knock the teeth out of his mouth.

Sorry bud, but I think only a catastrophe will change people, but once that happens I think it will be too late. I also think that what happened Wednesday with the FED resorting to buying America's debt was the final desperate move of a failed nation.

Lets just plan for the worst, and hope for the best. That is what I tell everybody. Unfortunately most people I talk to just think I am a crack pot conspiracy theory guy, when I am just somebody who has looked at the numbers and paid attention enough to see that what we are doing is unsustainable.

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    This is (I think) the third thread about the BR Tea Party. I will be there, and pretty sure Sylvest will too. Maybe we can all get together after for a shoot.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Good luck finding people to go. It seems most people on this forum would rather sit on their a*s and b*t*h about how everything is turning to crap than lift a finger to do a damm thing about it.
    I've tried 3 different times to inform members here about the Tea Partys.
    Zero interest.
    Good luck.

Art

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    Good luck finding people to go. It seems most people on this forum would rather sit on their a*s and b*t*h about how everything is turning to crap than lift a finger to do a damm thing about it.
    I've tried 3 different times to inform members here about the Tea Partys. Zero interest.
    Good luck.

Art

You can't say that you got zero interest. I have tried to reply in the affirmative to every related thread. And I don't believe I was ever alone. What's more than vocalizing in on the internet is to recruit friends and relatives who would otherwise not know that this is going on. I'm still trying to get my dad, mom, and sister to come. I have about 5 people coming in from the northshore, solely to attend the rally. I'd suggest everyone else do the same, even if you're too busy with work and family things. The real quandary is: What will happen if we allow the government to continue to muck everything up and you no longer have a job to go to, or a home to raise your family in?

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    You can't say that you got zero interest. I have tried to reply in the affirmative to every related thread. And I don't believe I was ever alone. What's more than vocalizing in on the internet is to recruit friends and relatives who would otherwise not know that this is going on. I'm still trying to get my dad, mom, and sister to come. I have about 5 people coming in from the northshore, solely to attend the rally. I'd suggest everyone else do the same, even if you're too busy with work and family things. The real quandary is: What will happen if we allow the government to continue to muck everything up and you no longer have a job to go to, or a home to raise your family in?

Zero was the wrong word for me to use. Good on you for getting people involved.
    The press is not going to do our work for us. We need to rattle some cages about this and get people in the streets. There have been over 150 Tea Partys organized nation wide in less than 1 month. We have a chance to turn this country around, and we better damm well do it now before the idiots in D.C. totaly destory this country.
    Thanks for giving a damm. ;)

Art

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I'm closing the clinic down for the afternoon to join my fellow bourgeoisie to protest the proletarian proliferation. Seriously - I hope a fair number of people from the board can make it. Wear your BS.COM shirts. :D

Y.T.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Central
    I'll be there. I'm the 2nd guy in the video. The younger one.

Showing up at the event is great but we really want to encourage people to get involved with the planning and putting on of the event. You don't need any special skills (God knows I don't have any) you just need to want to make a difference.

lurkerwisp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'll be there. Sort of.

My workplace is across the street in the annex. So please don't take my parking spot? Legislative session should be starting around then so your timing couldn't be better.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I have to work unfortunately. Why would they put it in the middle of the week when people have to work? Its not like this is a Democrat gathering...

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    I have to work unfortunately. Why would they put it in the middle of the week when people have to work? Its not like this is a Democrat gathering...

Same. I could take a half day or the day off... I don't understand having it so early in the middle of the week though.

Top Bottom