Tear Gas Grenades

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I look at Gunbroker a lot and I see that they sell tear gas just about all makes and models of the stuff. I assume it is all legal as they have it up on their site. So my question is, is there a limit to what a person can own without having a permit or something? Can I own a case of tear gas grenades or 203 gas rounds etc...?

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The ClearOut tear gas grenades are great. They are clear and can fill a 3000sf house in seconds. There are no permits or special restrictions on them. You can get them here:

http://www.keepshooting.com/selfdefense/teargas/clear_out_teargas6oz.htm

I keep a can in my truck. If I come home and it looks like there might be intruders in the house, I'm tossing one in. Could also be used if you find someone or something on your front porch who refuses to leave and is threatening your life or property.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Can I legally purchase US military issued CN grenades? I think in 74 they banned tear gas from combat or something we used it for break contact drills only. When we hit the chambers it was always the ones you burned that looked like incense.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I've never heard of such a restriction, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If they sell it on GunBroker it's probably legit. Otherwise they'd get shut down pretty quick. I think the biggest thing anyone could claim is stolen US property.

Unless you just want something collectable, why not just buy new production Clear Outs like I suggested from a reputable dealer. You know they'll work, they are cheap, and no worry about legal issues with using them.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I keep a can in my truck. If I come home and it looks like there might be intruders in the house, I'm tossing one in. Could also be used if you find someone or something on your front porch who refuses to leave and is threatening your life or property.

I'd be worried it'd get hot or something in my car and it'd tear gas my interior :D

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have heard of that happening. But I've been through two summers now with a small can of Freeze +P directly on the dashboard and haven't had a problem. But you're right. It would suck. lol

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    That would suck to be driving not a mph over 70 on the I-10 and it starts discharging.

What I am getting at is I have seen on a Label of Tear Gas from the Smith & Wesson Chemical Co, that reads in the bottom left corner Form 4CN what that means I dont know. But I thought Form 4 required a stamp. just confused I googled S&W Chemical Co. and didn't find much at all onit.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    If they sell it on GunBroker it's probably legit. Otherwise they'd get shut down pretty quick.

Not neccessarily so. I see Saigas on there all the time that violate 922R. There have even been several complaints made about a particular seller that does it wantonly. He is still on there doing it right now.

I would like to get my hands on some timed detonation gas grenades, provided they are legal. The only ones I have seen are the ones you have to activate and then throw which leaves a little gas in your immediate vicinity.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Hate to rain on your parade but those Clear Out Foggers are good for about a living room, 2 joined rooms. Now if you put the hose and needle on it, it will get someone out a vehicle nicely.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hate to rain on your parade but those Clear Out Foggers are good for about a living room, 2 joined rooms. Now if you put the hose and needle on it, it will get someone out a vehicle nicely.

I've never actually tested one, I'm just going by what the website advertises. If in reality it will only do a living room then that kinda sucks.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    If it'll only clear 2 rooms then throw in 3 of them! You were buying a case, right? Its not like you use them every day...

If you bombed your own house how hard is it to get the smell out after?

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    So they aren't timed delayed like a normal grenade? Or are you just wanting something delayed more than three seconds or so?

Something with a traditional pin to pull and a couple seconds to huck it. The only ones I have seen immediately start spraying when you hit the button. Would prefer CIS teargas over pepper spray. Doesn't matter though. If I found what I was looking for, I'm sure it would cost more than I wanted to spend.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    I hate even testing my spray for work...I spray it for less than a second in the far corner of my yard, and run away from it as soon as I see it sprayed out.

My supervisor likes us to test that **** at minimum once a month. Don't know why as I will NEVER use that ****...I got 50,000 volts I'll use first. Freeze +P is NASTY NASTY NASTY. I wouldn't want a grenade of that **** going off anywhere in the same parish as me.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Dont forget kids, lets use that math they told us we would use later in life.

Its not W x L

Its: W x L x H = f3.

Normal living room is 15 x 16 x 12 = 2880 Cubic feet.

25K f3 in a ideal situation would be a room with that is ruffly 40x40 with 12 foot ceilings. Think of it like Wireless Internet at home, it can be affected by walls, doors, etc etc. Another good example would be bug foggers.

Now personally with the assistance of a trooper one hot louisiana night, we smashed a rear suv window and threw in a clear out fogger (non burning grenade) fate had it landed upright in the cup holder. Hence to say he was exited the vehicle and was taken down by K9.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom