TEC 9 of our generation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    the high point carbine? Doesn't star in a movie roll though.

How about the skorpion evo?

I never shot a tec-9 but I did shoot a mac 9/11. Not exactly what you call 'match'... More like broad side of the barn accuracy.

Last edited:

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    c441814edcda346febadbccf2cbcca47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    As much as the left does despise all the listed arms, am afraid none of them really apply as the Tec 9 of our day, which would be a cheap 9mm subgun looking high capacity pistol. Maybe in 9mm.
    If the CZ EVO was half the cost it would fit the bill.

Was that pistol banned? Did it suffer the same fate as the street sweeper and become labeled a destructive device?

Last edited:

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    Was that pistol banned? Did it suffer the same fate as the street sweeper and become labeled a destructive device?

I think they went wrong by banning the street sweeper.
    It was such a tremendous piece of **** I'd be glad to have to face a criminal with one versus a firearm that actually functioned properly.
    Buddy of mine had a street sweeper and I went with him to shoot it.
    Impossible to aim accurately and jammed more than it ever actually worked.
    But it looked "cool" to thugs and that's all you need for them to adopt it.
    Who cares if it is reliable as long as you look good with it...

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    As much as the left does despise all the listed arms, am afraid none of them really apply as the Tec 9 of our day, which would be a cheap 9mm subgun looking high capacity pistol. Maybe in 9mm.
    If the CZ EVO was half the cost it would fit the bill.

I agree. All of the suggestions were good but nothing that matches the TEC-9's reputation, popularity, and cost.

quichedem

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Tec-9 was Uzi-like, high-capacity, cheap, easily-obtainable, and easily convertible to full-auto. I haven't seen anything like that come along since. The "Tec" was very much villified, and I think the real attraction to it was the ability to spray a whole lot of bullets for drive-by purposes (Or drug war shoot-outs in Miami). The only thing I've seen that has come close enough are the AKs ("Choppers"). Not exactly the same size package, but a lot of firepower, and fold-able stocks can be stol... obtained.

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    The Tec-9 was Uzi-like, high-capacity, cheap, easily-obtainable, and easily convertible to full-auto. I haven't seen anything like that come along since. The "Tec" was very much villified, and I think the real attraction to it was the ability to spray a whole lot of bullets for drive-by purposes (Or drug war shoot-outs in Miami). The only thing I've seen that has come close enough are the AKs ("Choppers"). Not exactly the same size package, but a lot of firepower, and fold-able stocks can be stol... obtained.

Indeed. If the Tec 9 were readily available today at similar prices, I would buy a few.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom