Ted Nugent: Rocker, Poacher, lacking in pistol fundamentals....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LocalYokel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    I really dont know. It just seems and feels wrong.

People use their thumb to pull the slide stop down because it has a large, external, textured control surface on the outside the pistol located in a spot where the thumb can access it easily.

It's uncannily like it was DESIGNED to be operated with the thumb!

VAInBread

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    People use their thumb to pull the slide stop down because it has a large, external, textured control surface on the outside the pistol located in a spot where the thumb can access it easily.

Sure, except when that textured, external control surface is almost COMPLETELY FLUSH with the frame

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    He dosn't look any more dangerous that most average shooters I'm around. Didn't scare me, well, the music was kinda scary.

Slide lock...no, I learned to pull and release slide. Think I learned that on GlockTalk from David Armstrong
    :draw: :doh:

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

The same could be said for bananas and your anus. It's like they were designed to go together.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    NRA figurehead, my ass. But, sadly, fitting for the NRA, I think.

This^ is asinine! This is the kind of statement that comes from guy that own shotguns and says. "the anti's don't want my gun, they only want assault rifles."

Come on! You may not like this man, but disparage the group? That doesn't compute!?!

I am still waiting for an answer from the last time I heard the NRA sucks rant; which was: Tell me one documented instance where the NRA waivered from the strict defense of the 2nd Amendment for any political expedience?:ohreally:

LocalYokel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    The same could be said for bananas and your anus. It's like they were designed to go together.

In 100 years of semi-auto pistol design, how many have an internal slide release/stop as opposed to one with an external control?

Do you also tell people not to hit the bolt stop on an AR-15, and to run the charging handle back instead?

What exactly makes a pistols slide stop bad to use, and a rifles bolt stop catch /good/ to use?

I'm just talking about guns here, man. Why do you want to shove bananas in my ass? Dont gay up this thread, you pervert.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I love when people blindly follow some fool whilst looking past all of his/her faults just because he says one thing with which they agree.

This^ is also asinine! Do you mean like the zombies in your neighborhood, workplace, media, government, etc., that blindly follow the Pretender?

Who are these people of which you speak?

VAInBread

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    Well a Glock was designed with a slide stop. And a Banana has a convenient tab to peel it with...Intelligent design!????!????

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    this^ is also asinine! Do you mean like the zombies in your neighborhood, workplace, media, government, etc., that blindly follow the pretender?

Who are these people of which you speak?

oh lawdy, differing opinions again on the internet... Everyone is asinine but you!!!!!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I love when people blindly follow some fool whilst looking past all of his/her faults just because he says one thing with which they agree.

Stevie-Wonder-Driving-71481.jpg

"Need a lift?"

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    oh lawdy, differing opinions again on the internet... Everyone is asinine but you!!!!!

You claimed that he had blind followers!?! Who are they? Where did you see any of them? Where are your facts? I am not disagreeing with anyone, just asking for my own knowledge.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    When/how did Ted Nugent poach? I'm curious.

Also, as a side note, bad handgunning skills or not, I once read in an interview that he only carries 10mm... so I'd tread lightly.. lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom