Tempting fate !!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Stopped smoking and went on diet at the same time......been on this program of my own developement for a week ....so far so good,but it's a lot more tough than it was 10 yrs ago to lose. I really don't smoke much to start with, a pack in 3 or 4 days but have been like this for 8 yrs....Tired of feeling like I'm carrying a sack of concrete on my back and not being able to breath.....Gonna stick with it for sure this time and Spanky congrats, but you are my inspiration !!! I've lost 110 lbs in 8 mons. about 10 yrs ago !!! Put it all back on and have finally faced reality that I dont wanna die young because of being unfit or over weight....Good luck to others out their pursuing goals to get healthy !!!

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Cutting out alcohol and soft drinks helps big time. That's what I did.

Except I do drink whiskey on occasion. And wine.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Last edited:

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    6 days, well i'll just say 7 days passed...13lbs lighter and no cheating on the smokes yet... can breath a little better, but damn the urge to light up is far greater than the urge to eat...maybe it's a good thing I quit both over eating and smoking together !! Worried about cheating on one, distracts thinking about cheating on the other !! Thanks for the support !!

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    Keep it up!! It's really tough but it in the end it will be worth it. I made a New Years resolution to do insanity with my gf, i really hate it but at the beginning of week 2 it had already lost 15 lbs and I can already see a difference in my muscle tone. One thing you can do to motivate yourself is to take pictures along the way so you can look back and see your progress.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Day 14 and -21lbs. have hit a brick wall !!! Blood pressure is too high and was recommended by my doctor to keep the diet, but lay off the exercise till the BP gets under control.....Waitin for Dr. to schedule new appt. for new BP meds.....Ahhh the joys of getting older and finding out YOU AINT SUPERMAN anymore !!!

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Doctor recommending not to exorcise? Find a new doctor...

I had high blood pressure @ 29, now I am 30 and I am in the normal/high normal range. Biggest help was quit smoking, next biggest was after I started doing crossfit, however my doctor encourages exorcise, even the crossfit regimen. My blood pressure did spike when I quit smoking but went back down. I have lost 25 pounds since November, but I have also increased my core lifts by 20-30%. I know I have lost more than 25lbs of fat.

My wife started crossfit also, the last 5 weeks she hasn't lost a pound, but she took 4" off her hips!

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Pressure was 185 /125...why??? I think because of the big cuff they use on my arm/forearm...so I'm taking a 2 week vacation from work with mild exercise and will be on 400cals a meal, 6 meals a day and new blood pressure meds !!!! The whole thing is, the inaccuracy in the blood pressure reading is got the doctor worried, my heart is larger than a normal mans heart also the heart wall is thicker than the normal heart!!! EKG, Ultrasound, blood work all come back normal and healthy !!! I'm just to much over weight and it's affecting my blood pressure !!! I will over come this little road block !!

Lurker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Denham Springs LA
    Pressure was 185 /125...why??? I think because of the big cuff they use on my arm/forearm...so I'm taking a 2 week vacation from work with mild exercise and will be on 400cals a meal, 6 meals a day and new blood pressure meds !!!! The whole thing is, the inaccuracy in the blood pressure reading is got the doctor worried, my heart is larger than a normal mans heart also the heart wall is thicker than the normal heart!!! EKG, Ultrasound, blood work all come back normal and healthy !!! I'm just to much over weight and it's affecting my blood pressure !!! I will over come this little road block !!

I'm a little shocked they let you out of the office with your pressure that high. They tend to freak over that. Drink tons of water as well. How big a man are you anyway? I've fought weight issues my entire adult life.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Well I'll tell you this...5'7'' and at 19yrs old I was 235 with a 12% BMI.......here I am at 43yrs old and a BMI of 42%....not good...I definately knew I was overweight, but DAYUM not that bad !!!! It was a shocker to say the least, I never thought I weighed that much......Since this passed Monday I've lost another 5lbs, new B.P.meds.....The diet is working well, leisurly exercise,no stress !!! I lifted weights competitively in Olympic style weightlifting for 6yrs, had a strong work ethic......one day I decided to get back into Lifting, was told they didnt have time for me......I quit the gym and staying in shape which was completely the very wrong thing to do... I'm determined to get this under control and get my life back....The reason I'm sharing this is because you guys out there that think depression wont kick your butt and you never know it......dont take it lightly ever !!!!
    I'm a little shocked they let you out of the office with your pressure that high. They tend to freak over that. Drink tons of water as well. How big a man are you anyway? I've fought weight issues my entire adult life.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Well I'll tell you this...5'7'' and at 19yrs old I was 235 with a 12% BMI.......here I am at 43yrs old and a BMI of 42%....not good...I definately knew I was overweight, but DAYUM not that bad !!!! It was a shocker to say the least, I never thought I weighed that much......Since this passed Monday I've lost another 5lbs, new B.P.meds.....The diet is working well, leisurly exercise,no stress !!! I lifted weights competitively in Olympic style weightlifting for 6yrs, had a strong work ethic......one day I decided to get back into Lifting, was told they didnt have time for me......I quit the gym and staying in shape which was completely the very wrong thing to do... I'm determined to get this under control and get my life back....The reason I'm sharing this is because you guys out there that think depression wont kick your butt and you never know it......dont take it lightly ever !!!!

Keep up the good work. We are all rooting for yah!

Top Bottom