Terrible Day in New York

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    2 NYPD officers shot, one dead in ambush attack

NEW YORK — An armed man walked up to two New York Police Department officers sitting inside a patrol car and opened fire Saturday afternoon, killing one and critically injuring a second before running into a nearby subway station and committing suicide, police said.

The shooting took place in Brooklyn's Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood, where streets are now blocked off. Both officers were rushed to Woodhull hospital, where one was pronounced dead. Police had said at least one of the officers was shot in the head.

Authorities say the suspect fatally shot himself inside the station.

The shooting comes at a time when police in New York and nationwide are being heavily criticized for their tactics following the chokehold death of Eric Garner, a black man who was stopped by police for selling loose, untaxed cigarettes and could be heard on an amateur video gasping, "I can't breathe" as he was being arrested.

Demonstrators around the country have staged die-ins and other protests since a grand jury decided Dec. 3 not to indict the officer involved in Garner's death, a decision that closely followed a Missouri grand jury's decision not to indict a white officer in the fatal shooting of Michael Brown, an unarmed black 18-year-old.

Several New York officers were assaulted during demonstrations that have largely been peaceful, including one that drew thousands to the Brooklyn Bridge.

The president of the police officers union, Patrick Lynch, and Mayor Bill de Blasio have been locked in a public battle over treatment of officers following the decision not to indict the officer in Garner's death. Just days ago, Lynch suggesting police officers sign a petition that demanded the mayor not attend their funerals should they die on the job.

The last shooting death of an NYPD officer came in December 2011, when 22-year veteran Peter Figoski responded to a report of a break-in at a Brooklyn apartment. He was shot in the face and killed by one of the suspects hiding in a side room when officers arrived. The triggerman, Lamont Pride, was convicted of murder and sentenced in 2013 to 45 years to life in prison.

These are screen grabs of the supposed shooter's Instagram page.

instagram1.jpg

instagram2.jpg

My thoughts and prayers are with the NYPD and the families of the officers involved.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Prayers for both officers, their families and their brothers in blue...

You can blame Sharpton and the media for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yea well, the media, Al, Jesse, and probably Odrama will blame the cops for this some kind of way. God rest their souls and all of those protecting us. Sad very sad.

Mac 1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Welsh, LA
    After what happened in New York today, we need to pray for the cops who were killed and their families. When police are assassinated because of what is happening in our country with all of the lawlessness that abounds. We, as a civilized society, need to take control and prevent these thugs who want to kill cops, rob, loot, burn neighborhoods, etc. from doing that. After Michael Brown was shot, people were posting avatars saying, "I am Michael Brown". Let's see how many people now post "I am a COP".

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The mayor asked for people to report threats against cops. Well just look at all the media footage of hundreds (peaceful protesters) calling for dead cops. I guess he wasn't referring to them.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    An attack on LE is an attack on our entire society. The media has fostered this anti-police sentiment. The media has no shame. This is a sad time for LE.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    There should be a call for justice. A reckoning for those responsible for the attitudes of anti-cop public. Like others have mentioned, Sharpton, Holder, Obama, on down the line and don't forget the media. Bad leadership begets bad results. And these people in positions of authority and influence know exactly what buttons to push. I blame them as much as the shooter. Sad and frustrating times. These men deserved so much better. Prayers for families of the fallen and for LEO's everywhere.

The Key Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2013
    Gretna, LA
    I don't know if it made the local news but the NYPD Police union and Patrolman's Benevolent Fund have asked their members to sign a letter asking for NYC Mayor DiBiasse and the NYC council speaker NOT to appear at any police officers funerals. I may have misplelled the mayor's name but there is something definitely going on up there in New York.
    Also I would like to commend the city of Baltimore Police Chief Batts. On Monday a Baltimore police officer was shot during a traffic stop. The Chief asked where are all the protestors telling people Not to Attack Police Officers.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom