Texas schools punish students who refuse to be tracked with microchips

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    For those of you with kids in public schools, would you oppose?

I mean they aren't asking them to where it OFF campus right? or are they?

I know people freak when they hear RDIF :run: , but it is a public school and if it's only on Campus I don't see the big deal.

http://rt.com/usa/news/texas-school-id-hernandez-033/

A school district in Texas came under fire earlier this year when it announced that it would require students to wear microchip-embedded ID cards at all times. Now, students who refuse to be monitored say they are feeling the repercussions.

Students who refuse to walk the school halls with the card in their pocket or around their neck claim they are being tormented by instructors, and are barred from participating in certain school functions. Some also said they were turned away from common areas like cafeterias and libraries.

Andrea Hernandez, a sophomore at John Jay, said educators have ignored her pleas to respect her privacy and told her she cannot participate in school elections if she refuses to comply with the tracking program.

gp184

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    If you don't see something wrong with this, then :( ........ One more little step towards total grubment control........

Sent from my droid bionic while driving through your yard, smashing your cute little kittens.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    If you don't see something wrong with this, then :( ........ One more little step towards total grubment control........

Sent from my droid bionic while driving through your yard, smashing your cute little kittens.

Do you know why they implemented the program?

Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    For those of you with kids in public schools, would you oppose?

I mean they aren't asking them to where it OFF campus right? or are they?

I know people freak when they hear RDIF :run: , but it is a public school and if it's only on Campus I don't see the big deal.

http://rt.com/usa/news/texas-school-id-hernandez-033/

Did you mean RFID?

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Its not like they are embedding the microchip under their skin. Then yeah, I would have to respectfully decline.

An RFID in a school ID? I dont really see an issue. Like you said, they do not require it when off campus. In a perfect world I would prefer for the ID to be stored at school and not at my house or in my kids car when not in class. They have no need to know where my kid goes after school (that's MY job). My daughter had a chipped ID. I dont think it was RFID though.

gp184

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Don't really care why. I don't like the fact that the grubment is trying to control people and taking over parenting from the parents. Nothing against you personally, I hate the grubment and what they are trying to do. Sad thing is that most of the American people are stupid and can't see that things like this are just little steps towards communism.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Its not like they are embedding the microchip under their skin. Then yeah, I would have to respectfully decline.

An RFID in a school ID? I dont really see an issue. Like you said, they do not require it when off campus. In a perfect world I would prefer for the ID to be stored at school and not at my house or in my kids car when not in class. They have no need to know where my kid goes after school (that's MY job). My daughter had a chipped ID. I dont think it was RFID though.

Well that's what I thinking. If it's put in their locker at the end of the day, no big deal.

If they demand them to take it home, BIG DEAL :p

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I sense the tin foil will be strong in this thread.

tinfoil-darth.jpg

gp184

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012

Well that's what I thinking. If it's put in their locker at the end of the day, no big deal.

If they demand them to take it home, BIG DEAL :p

Looking at it this way, it doesn't seem so bad, but I still don't like it or agree with it.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Nah, it's too intrusive in my thinking... Just easing it on the us, little by little... Pretty soon it will be the drivers license, then the car. Then who knows??? But that is how it begins... Very innocently..

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Looking at it this way, it doesn't seem so bad, but I still don't like it or agree with it.

I can see where you are coming from also and I would not want it to leave the campus. I "assume" (yeah, THAT word) that they are just using it to make sure student dont wander off campus or are where they should be at a particular time of day. I dont want it at my house or in my kids cars (or mine). Like I said, they have absolutely NO reason to know what my kid does outside of school hours.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Nah, it's too intrusive in my thinking... Just easing it on the us, little by little... Pretty soon it will be the drivers license, then the car. Then who knows??? But that is how it begins... Very innocently..

There are already insurance companies that will give you a discount if you get a chip they can track/get info from installed in your car. Yeah, no thanks. I'll pay the extra premium.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Don't really care why. I don't like the fact that the grubment is trying to control people and taking over parenting from the parents. Nothing against you personally, I hate the grubment and what they are trying to do. Sad thing is that most of the American people are stupid and can't see that things like this are just little steps towards communism.

If you send your kids to Ceasar, then don't complain when they come back Romans right?

You’re sending them to Gov. Run Public School. The school has a responsibility to care for them and ensure they STAY on Campus when they are supposed to, amongst other reason this program was implemented. I’m trying to find out what all the details are.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Peacemaker hit the nail on the head. This is just another baby step toward total population monitoring and indoctrinating the youth to the idea that it is normal.

All I can really say about this in schools is that if all the rules schools have today had been in place when I was in school, I would have been thrown out and told not to come back, and I would have been happy about it.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    The issue is that our public school teachers are, at times, too stupid to keep track of their kids. My cousin just dropped her son off at school a couple days ago, drove home, then got a call about 2 hours later saying that her son never showed up. She tells them she dropped him off herself a couple hours earlier.

So she's freaking out and jumps in the car to head to the school. She gets a call while on the way saying they found her son. He was in the wrong classroom and the teacher in that room didn't realize she had a new student.

RFID chips are not GPS trackers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. They're not putting them in the kids; they're giving them a card to make the dumb teacher's jobs easier.

IMO, it's a system that will remove stupid mistakes. It also is a way for government to keep better track of enrollment (which affects funding for the school) when the card for each student has to be scanned in when the student gets to school.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    It could be a great way to take roll. Instead of wasting 15min calling out kids names they could just swipe their cards on a reader in the room. Also, it could keep more kids from being truant by setting off an alarm when they left campus or when they failed to login to their scheduled class. Naturally they'd be required to have them on their persons during school hours in order to keep track of the kids.
    You could integrate it with their ID's and even their lunch money, so kids could could just swipe their cards instead of losing cash or getting shaken down by Bad kids.

I don't see a down side here.

Top Bottom