Texas schools punish students who refuse to be tracked with microchips

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    That is for severely delinquent students. I agree with that to an extent. It should be turned off at home, but during school hours it should be turned on. Many kids and even many parents just don't care. It's law for children of a certain age to be I school.

richiespng

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    That is for severely delinquent students. I agree with that to an extent. It should be turned off at home, but during school hours it should be turned on. Many kids and even many parents just don't care. It's law for children of a certain age to be I school.

I agree and I really dont even have an issue with GPS being used while at school. They are suppose to be in a certain place, they need to be in a certain place.

gp184

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    If you send your kids to Ceasar, then don't complain when they come back Romans right?

You’re sending them to Gov. Run Public School. The school has a responsibility to care for them and ensure they STAY on Campus when they are supposed to, amongst other reason this program was implemented. I’m trying to find out what all the details are.
    When I was in school, if you skipped out, your parents got a phone call. That's all it took to make me stay at school. If I skipped out my dad would whip my ass! But I forgot, now it is all child abuse to whip your kids...... Sad... Just sad!

Sent from my droid bionic while driving through your yard, smashing your cute little kittens.

gp184

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    You're right, but you didn't get arrested for it like now. Lol. The PC of this country makes me want to puke!

Sent from my droid bionic while driving through your yard, smashing your cute little kittens.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    Just replace the RFID with perimeter shock collars. If they aren’t where they’re suppose to be, then…..ZAP!

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I am not a fan of anything that "normalizes" being tracked and monitored. Thirty years ago people in this country would have taken to the streets for what passes as completely acceptable today. That came about through slowly normalizing things that are unacceptable in a free society. So I don't care how harmless, or innocent, or helpful, or whatever this program is supposed to be, I wouldn't want my child to be part of.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I am not a fan of anything that "normalizes" being tracked and monitored. Thirty years ago people in this country would have taken to the streets for what passes as completely acceptable today. That came about through slowly normalizing things that are unacceptable in a free society. So I don't care how harmless, or innocent, or helpful, or whatever this program is supposed to be, I wouldn't want my child to be part of.

That can be said for almost ALL Techonology though right?

I mean what does that mean? 30 years ago people were creating the technology were using today or were allowing it to be initiated.

I don't get it.

reelkaos

Rookie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Springfield
    Baby steps. Conditioning for the future. Remember it started with pets

We are again trying to take care of problems caused by irresponsible people, if we just pass enough laws, it will be fine. The good students are rewarded for the bad.(sarcasm)
    So we need an entire program, for a few bad apples. Sound familiar?

Yes, they called role and I answered "yes".

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Nah, it's too intrusive in my thinking... Just easing it on the us, little by little... Pretty soon it will be the drivers license, then the car. Then who knows??? But that is how it begins... Very innocently..

Peacemaker hit the nail on the head. This is just another baby step toward total population monitoring and indoctrinating the youth to the idea that it is normal.

These^ are the correct answers! Technology is far outpacing common sense! Even Thalidomide was a good idea at first.

Not a conspiracy nut, but I definitely see the "Slow kill" all around us.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    That can be said for almost ALL Techonology though right?

I mean what does that mean? 30 years ago people were creating the technology were using today or were allowing it to be initiated.

I don't get it.

For example, if you're Grandpa walked into a gun shop in 1975 with $100 cash to buy a gun, and the person behind the counter said, "Mr. Hitman Sr., please fill out this paperwork, I will call the government and give them your personal information, then they will let me know if you are allowed to own a firearm", how do you think that would have went over? I don't know about your Pa, but I can pretty much tell you how mine would have reacted.

But, over time, through small intrusions into our 2nd Ammendment rights, it is now perfectly acceptable by most people for them to do just that. Those changes don't come about over night, they come about over time. So for those who think this is fine, what will be fine next? A implant. I bar-code tattooed on your kids palm? I mean where does it stop? When do you say enough is enough? And how can you even answer that question if you are of a mind to accept these small, incremental changes without question? Maybe a implant sounds outrageous today, but will it in 5 years if we keep accepting this crap without question?

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Nah, it's too intrusive in my thinking... Just easing it on the us, little by little... Pretty soon it will be the drivers license, then the car. Then who knows??? But that is how it begins... Very innocently..

For example, if you're Grandpa walked into a gun shop in 1975 with $100 cash to buy a gun, and the person behind the counter said, "Mr. Hitman Sr., please fill out this paperwork, I will call the government and give them your personal information, then they will let me know if you are allowed to own a firearm", how do you think that would have went over? I don't know about your Pa, but I can pretty much tell you how mine would have reacted.

But, over time, through small intrusions into our 2nd Ammendment rights, it is now perfectly acceptable by most people for them to do just that. Those changes don't come about over night, they come about over time. So for those who think this is fine, what will be fine next? A implant. I bar-code tattooed on your kids palm? I mean where does it stop? When do you say enough is enough? And how can you even answer that question if you are of a mind to accept these small, incremental changes without question? Maybe a implant sounds outrageous today, but will it in 5 years if we keep accepting this crap without question?

And it's almost always in the name of "public safety". That is the magical pathway!

gp184

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012

Well said sir!:beer:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    If it's put in their locker at the end of the day, no big deal.

If they demand them to take it home, BIG DEAL :p

I agree with this stance. I don't mind it for on-campus use, or even field trips and off-site school functions, games, etc. I think that's the line I draw though.

I don't know -why- they did it (I'm only just about to read the article, figured I'd comment before and see if the article changes anything) but I'm gonna guess it's preventing kids from going off campus unauthorized, skipping class, and maybe from abusing hallpass privelages or something. We had problems with that when I was in high school. We were VERBOTEN from leaving campus at all, even during lunch, but I would.. I mean... those miscreants would go to subway or mcdonalds all the time for lunch.

ETA: I wonder how many dissidents have kids.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla

More than thirty years ago, we incarcerated people based on the color of their skin. Purposely. Our excuse? "Your country attacked ours, we don't think you're a trusted American and it doesn't matter if you have never stepped foot in that country and you can't speak a lick of anything except English."

Don't let what you've heard or think the old days were like color your impression. Truth is, every generation has their growing pains, and had implemented things we appreciate today and abhorred then.

Top Bottom