Thanks to guys at Nick's last Saturday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CBORNE01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Just wanted to say thanks to the guys at Nick's Range for letting me try out some different guns before I buy. Seems like a nice bunch to shoot with, and I plan to shoot there once my Baby gets here. I ordered an STI Edge from Brazos that should be here by the end of the month. Thanks Todd for letting me know about the matches and introducing me to some of those guys.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Just wanted to say thanks to the guys at Nick's Range for letting me try out some different guns before I buy. Seems like a nice bunch to shoot with, and I plan to shoot there once my Baby gets here. I ordered an STI Edge from Brazos that should be here by the end of the month. Thanks Todd for letting me know about the matches and introducing me to some of those guys.

Welcome to the sickness.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace

Bob does excellent work, I've got two and my Spartan has his trigger group in it.
    Todd has been doing a good job of introducing new folks to the shooting sports.

What pistols or rifles are next on your short list? Give us a heads-up next time you plan on going to Nick's. If I have what you are looking for, I'd be more than happy to let you try them out. I like feeding the fire!:D

CBORNE01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Well Scott, I had a 280 Ackley Improved built by Don Geraci that my buddy Chuck Cazenave (who shoots long guns/ rimfire at Nicks) work up a load for. It is shooting groups less than .5 Usually .3-.4 at 100yrds. I also got a Savage 17 hmr, that Nick is now letting compete in the rimfire matches on Saturday mornings that I will shoot when I can. And I'm getting things set up for when the Edge comes in -- I have no significant experience with pistol matches, but I figure the only way to learn is to "jump in." then practice, practice, practice...
    Once I get these projects where I want them , I think its on to my own reloading equip.------ You know how it is
    Hope to see you guys once the toys are in, then its time for me to go to school.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    After you attend 1 or 2 pistol matches, whether @ Nick's or one of the IPSC shoots, you'll pick up pretty quick who and who not to take advice from. There are quite a few of us who have been playing the game for a long time and if you need help, ask. BTW, attitude will take you a long way, as others have found out the hard way.:doh: It IS a game. Come on out and have fun.:rockon:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    After you attend 1 or 2 pistol matches, whether @ Nick's or one of the IPSC shoots, you'll pick up pretty quick who and who not to take advice from. There are quite a few of us who have been playing the game for a long time and if you need help, ask. BTW, attitude will take you a long way, as others have found out the hard way.:doh: It IS a game. Come on out and have fun.:rockon:

What he said.

CBORNE01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    I agree, and my goal for now is to get good experience in the proper handling and operation of the gun. If my abilities improve over time, so much the better, and if they don't, its still great experience that may come in handy one day. I have a feeling its like most things, you get out what your willing to put into it, but for me right now -- its all about fun.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    That is the attitude I'm looking for:hi5::bigok::bravo: You'll fit in just fine.
    BTW, a Brazos blaster is a racer, we will have to find out what it's got!

Last edited:

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    Just wait until you ask the question, "What is a good USPSA load for my Brazos". Your head is going to spin with all the recommendations.

Oh, my front sights are 0.100 in width. I remember you said you liked how small they were. Mine are Dawson Precision, but Brazos makes them as well in that size.

Also, just remember that everyone will have their guns setup in a different way, and the information you get will not always be correct. Getting it set to your liking will be the hardest part.

If you plan on reloading for your gun, you better start scrounging some small pistols primers right now because they are hard to come by.

Last edited:

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    :nono:Shame on you Todd. Shouldn't have opened that "load development" can.:ohreally::ninja:
    Here comes the "mine's better than yours" crap:flamed:

Top Bottom