The answer to gun control in 2 steps.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    The OP addressed this snag in post #26. They will just use tax money to buy all of them out and stop producing guns. Then make a law making it illegal to import guns. Then wait 320 years for the police to gather them all up. It all seemed to resonate with his retarded nephew.

Thats what I was addressing you can't buy something that aint for sale unless you do away with private property rights.

Last edited:

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Whitebread needs some education on Economics. Mr. Winchester and Mr. Remington died a long time ago and these large Corps are no longer PRIVATE owned. Some have major financial issues. Take Colt for example. They can be taken over very easily. Others have investors and sell their stocks and bonds which can be bought very easily. All one has to do is buy a controlling interest and acquire the company. Corporations are bought and sold and traded daily all over this world. In the business world there is no such thing as PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS as he claims.

Talon65

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Oak Harbor Washington
    Whitebread needs some education on Economics. Mr. Winchester and Mr. Remington died a long time ago and these large Corps are no longer PRIVATE owned. Some have major financial issues. Take Colt for example. They can be taken over very easily. Others have investors and sell their stocks and bonds which can be bought very easily. All one has to do is buy a controlling interest and acquire the company. Corporations are bought and sold and traded daily all over this world. In the business world there is no such thing as PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS as he claims.

No I think he gets it the problem with your theory is this is the United States not some failed social democracy experiment in a quickly collapsing EU. I ve seen the numbers touted by people like Rebecca Peters and her UN backed IANSA bunch. While "gun crime" has been reduced violent crime is up. I wonder like some of the other posters here what exactly is your point to this whole discussion, you went on about you just asked a question and I beg to differ Sir you made two statements to what end? That is a question and it has been asked several times and you have yet to answer, so I ask it again are you just curious as to the responses or is there a genuine agenda to your statements?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Again put the hash pipe down buddy every stock every bond every loan that backs these companies are held by someone, be it a hedge fund, mutual fund, random people, or one the board members. Again many of these companies are held privately or are wholely own subsidiaries of another company. Did I mention I'm an accountant, and by the way what you speak of is not economics, its finance or capital management which is kind of my wheel house. Now I may not know who is publicly traded and who is held privately, but this is kind of my wheelhouse.

And my point is if its not for sale you cant buy it. Unless you use some force of law.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    This has nothing to do with the Constitution or gun ownership. If all u jackwagons would stop running around like chickens waving your arms in the air and some wearing your billboard signs on bourbon street and u had one priority in life to answer this question , Where would u begin. I have a SEVERE Retarded nephew who I asked his opinion and he seemed to be smarter than 99% of the respondents here.

Martial law and totalitarianism worked to keep guns from citizens in communist countries during the Cold War. Be honest with yourself. The only way to get rid of guns is to get rid of freedom.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Things seem to have gotten cold here so how about this. I haven't crunched the numbers yet but I would say for less than what the US Government has spent in Afganistan, they could buy controlling interest in EVERY US firearms manufacturer and just stop production and close their doors. 2nd-With a stroke of a pen stop importation of all foreign firearms or put tariffs so high no-one would even think about trying.

George Soros has a mutual fund that owns shares of SWHC. He bought at under $3 a share. He is perfectly happy to make money off of gun sales. No one would waste money in stocks in order to shut down a company. Do you have billions to throw away?

There is never enough shares of any stock for sale at any given time to simply buy up controlling interest. You would have to contact shareholders who have the controlling interest and make them an offer. In the meantime, you would buy as much as you could on the open market. You would not do it so that you could destroy a company and just throw your money away.

If you are going to talk about investing, then take the time to educate yourself about it.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Everyone here seems to read something that is not there. As per the original post it is about gun C-O-N-T-R-O-L-. Is there anyone on this forum that believes that there is no need for gun control? That anyone could walk into any store and just walk out with a firearm without any checks or pick up any magazine and order a machine gun and have it delivered to his apartment in a few days with no questions asked? Anyone could get any thing they may want without any oversite? It would be a terrible thing. Much worse than it is now.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    George Soros has a mutual fund that owns shares of SWHC. He bought at under $3 a share. He is perfectly happy to make money off of gun sales. No one would waste money in stocks in order to shut down a company. Do you have billions to throw away?

There is never enough shares of any stock for sale at any given time to simply buy up controlling interest. You would have to contact shareholders who have the controlling interest and make them an offer. In the meantime, you would buy as much as you could on the open market. You would not do it so that you could destroy a company and just throw your money away.

If you are going to talk about investing, then take the time to educate yourself about it.

Soros has billions, and he has wasted millions on pro-phony liberal causes already. If he wasn't planning to disrupt that company then he is just another phony douche democrat hypocrite.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Everyone here seems to read something that is not there. As per the original post it is about gun C-O-N-T-R-O-L-. Is there anyone on this forum that believes that there is no need for gun control? That anyone could walk into any store and just walk out with a firearm without any checks or pick up any magazine and order a machine gun and have it delivered to his apartment in a few days with no questions asked? Anyone could get any thing they may want without any oversite? It would be a terrible thing. Much worse than it is now.

Blue, either you have to restate EXACTLY what you are trying to ask, say, or wonder; or you need to give this one up. Now you are confusing me. :(

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

1: Yes control is important thats what two hands are for.
    2: You ever bought a gun? I bought three this summer alone. They ran my background for all three.
    3: No, I have no problem with anyone being able to order whatever they want with no one poking into their private life.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

All good points one other point when you start buying up large amounts of shares like that the SEC starts asking questions.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

I have a question for you.
    Was it much worse prior to 1968?
    Be careful it's a trick question.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)

Are you advocating your half baked plan, trying to warn us of your paranoid delusion, or just sitting at home in your underwear with a bag of Cheetos and a hat that says king of the trolls?

As per the original post, are you wanting the government to use tax money to buy corporations and flush them down the toilet, worried that that will happen, WHAT? What am I reading that is not there? I think you have succeeded in confusing me more than any poster in all these years. Perhaps you should get your retarded nephew to come explain it to me.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Prior to 1968 it was great. You could do everything I mentioned in Post #48 I believe. But we have a different world nowadays. People are crazy now. Many, many people were brought up without any disapline and the world has just changed. We had very few mental midgets then, if children acted up in school they got their ass busted, if they were still difficult they were sent to Private Church Schools where the nuns would really rock their world. They didn't have ADD, ADHD, ADD whatever. If a child didn't pay attention they were disaplined severly. A lot of children were cured miraculusly. That is in the whiteworld. In the black world babies are producing babies. They are getting no education from schools or their parents because there usally is one parent only who is uneducated and undisaplined. There is no father figures or mentors to help them with everyday challenges. There are some church groups that do an excellent job but they are reproducing faster than help can come. They are getting discouraged early and dropping out of school before the 9th grade. They are getting enlisted by street gangs and led down the wrong road of life where they are taught strange versions of respect. Prior to 1968 u could walk down the streets of ANY neighborhood without fear and u didn't see hundreds of working age indivuals just sitting around drinking beer all day with nothing to do because everybody went to work everyday or were looking for work to care for their families. That was what the whole world was about FAMILY VALUES

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Are you advocating your half baked plan, trying to warn us of your paranoid delusion, or just sitting at home in your underwear with a bag of Cheetos and a hat that says king of the trolls?

As per the original post, are you wanting the government to use tax money to buy corporations and flush them down the toilet, worried that that will happen, WHAT? What am I reading that is not there? I think you have succeeded in confusing me more than any poster in all these years. Perhaps you should get your retarded nephew to come explain it to me.

Prior to 1968 it was great. You could do everything I mentioned in Post #48 I believe. But we have a different world nowadays. People are crazy now. Many, many people were brought up without any disapline and the world has just changed. We had very few mental midgets then, if children acted up in school they got their ass busted, if they were still difficult they were sent to Private Church Schools where the nuns would really rock their world. They didn't have ADD, ADHD, ADD whatever. If a child didn't pay attention they were disaplined severly. A lot of children were cured miraculusly. That is in the whiteworld. In the black world babies are producing babies. They are getting no education from schools or their parents because there usally is one parent only who is uneducated and undisaplined. There is no father figures or mentors to help them with everyday challenges. There are some church groups that do an excellent job but they are reproducing faster than help can come. They are getting discouraged early and dropping out of school before the 9th grade. They are getting enlisted by street gangs and led down the wrong road of life where they are taught strange versions of respect. Prior to 1968 u could walk down the streets of ANY neighborhood without fear and u didn't see hundreds of working age indivuals just sitting around drinking beer all day with nothing to do because everybody went to work everyday or were looking for work to care for their families. That was what the whole world was about FAMILY VALUES

So now that you have discussed the great successes of the "war on poverty" why do you think a "war on guns",would work the way you are hoping? Or are you hoping? Or are you sitting in you moms basement in your underpants waiting for you "questmates" to get back to their keyboards.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I don't know what you mean by "successes" of the war on poverty. We have lost the war on poverty. Take a look around, listen to the news a little; maybe you could learn something. Just try taking a walk down the street in some suppressed neighborhoods and see hundreds of indivuals just sitting around , drinking alcohol, smoking dope, waiting for a scam to come their way. They are not working by choice, not because there are no jobs. Waiting for a check to come in the mail by Uncle Sam. In 1968 if u did not work u did not eat. Children were not born out of wedlock. Travel a little. Go to Detroit, Chicago, St.Louis and see what is happening there. There is no "war on guns". They can be ordered online, shipped everywhere. Indivuals just want some kind of "control" till the craziness stops. If all gun sales stopped in the USA there are enough to las t hundreds of years so u don't have to worry about getting a firearm. I haave plenty sitting in a safe that will be passed down to my relatives who already have plenty themselves. No one is going to come to your door and take them away from u because they are yours and that wont change.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I don't know what you mean by "successes" of the war on poverty. We have lost the war on poverty. Take a look around, listen to the news a little; maybe you could learn something. Just try taking a walk down the street in some suppressed neighborhoods and see hundreds of indivuals just sitting around , drinking alcohol, smoking dope, waiting for a scam to come their way. They are not working by choice, not because there are no jobs. Waiting for a check to come in the mail by Uncle Sam. In 1968 if u did not work u did not eat. Children were not born out of wedlock. Travel a little. Go to Detroit, Chicago, St.Louis and see what is happening there. There is no "war on guns". They can be ordered online, shipped everywhere. Indivuals just want some kind of "control" till the craziness stops. If all gun sales stopped in the USA there are enough to las t hundreds of years so u don't have to worry about getting a firearm. I haave plenty sitting in a safe that will be passed down to my relatives who already have plenty themselves. No one is going to come to your door and take them away from u because they are yours and that wont change.

Duh so the half baked idea to save the poor from themselves didnt work. I'll give you a guess as to what happens with your idiot @$$ attempt to save the american people from their love of guns.
    You maybe satisfied with your desires for weapons but I have not. See I like guns and I enjoy shooting them. I would wager you have a bunch of never shot polished up over/unders, peace makers, and probably not one black gun in the collection.

Hey by the way what fid you think of Crazy Joe's (also know as Joe Biden to you blue blood libs) advice about firing to rounds in to the air in the event an intruder entered your home?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom