The Army wants MARPAT, says Marines won't share

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Oorah. We are constantly told that we get left over gear, 2nd rate stuff and that the army gets all the top notch equipment and money. Hell I was stationed at 29 Palms, a place deemed unfit for human life by other services. We do more with less, and better.

But we are all Americans, so they should be able to use it. The Nametape still says "US MARINES", thats something you cant have, youve got to earn it.

LOL and we are constantly told that the Air force gets the top notch stuff and we get left overs. Wonder if ANYONE is really getting top notch stuff... hmm
    I've always hated the ACU's I liked the BDU ALOT better. At least you could look professional in it. I don't really care what pattern they go with as long as its made more durable and doesn't have prints of men kissing or some crap. The ACU's currently just fall apart very quickly and Velcro is for special people who can't tie shoes not military.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    You also must recall the sibling rivalry between the Marines and the Army blokes; the Army is well-funded, yet the Marines have fed on scraps for two-hundred thirty-six years. I would not want to share with my brother were he the favorite child and I the child of a night of adultery. No offense to the Marines, but I view it on a standpoint of a dysfunctional family, like what this Congress has become.

Last edited:

Edmond

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Ft. Polk
    OCP has been working quite well for us here in AFG. Why switch everyone over? Why spend millions of dollars to first research a new pattern and then millions more to outfit everyone with it? Makes no damn sense, which is probably why the Army is going to do it.

Even if you're looking for our guys in the mountains here, they're difficult to find because the OCP works.

Top Bottom