The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    My Mom just called-got her renewal in 28 days. Hopefully I'll get mine within the week.

EDIT....Got my renewal in today- 32 Days from the day I dropped it off at LSPHQ to my mailbox.

Not bad at all in the grand scheme of things.

Dirty

Last edited:

blake716

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Gonzales
    I dropped my paperwork off on Feb 1st.

I still haven't received mine.

3 other people that I know dropped theirs off on the same day and they've all received their permits already.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    That's pretty quick if you actually went to the LSP HQ. However, for those of us who didn't go and mailed it in, we're stuck waiting for the snail mail to get our paperwork back to us.

I'm not bitter...

But I'm getting closer...

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    With the delay in actually receiving my application, plus the delay in getting my application through the system, I expect to be a hair short of four MONTHS! to get my permit. I don't begrudge anyone getting their permit faster, it just annoys me that mine is going to take so long.

Maybe I'm having a bad day at work though.

Either way, congrats on getting your permit. Now from what I understand, it's a rite of passage to cruise the local Walmart while packing (legally).

Liberty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    The wait time in the office there is very short if you can make there. I was in and out within 15-20 minutes and one of the nice ladies rubbed lotion on my hands! That was a bonus!!

I mailed my renewal in on 1/23. I called in the first week of March and they couldn't tell me if it had even been received. The lady actually laughed at my status question. My permit expires late in April. Do you think it is worth going to the office to hopefully track it down?

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    I mailed mine in on 1/22 from a post office. It took them 7 weeks to even receive my application, and Mary at the LSP said it would take about 60 days from there to receive my permit. However, that was for a *new* permit. I doubt a renewal will take 60 days, and it's possible your application got through before mine did. If you want to call, I'd do that and see when they actually received your permit. The people I've spoken to on the phone have been very nice. Call back and ask if renewals take less time in processing, and see if they will tell you when they received your application. From there, you should be able to work out approximately when you should get it back.

That's all the knowledge and wisdom I have for you. That, and $3.00 might get you a cup of coffee... might...

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    Figured I'd update for those interested, I just walked out to check the mail and my new permit was in it.
    Dropped off renewal at in person on 2/22 and received new one today 3/23

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    Dunno, could be my squeaky clean background and or the fact I've only had 5 different addresses the my entire life, all in Louisiana.

I hope that really plays in. I've moved around the state some, but have only had 2 addresses in the past 15 years, which is all they ask for in the application.
    My other part of my app is as squeaky clean as you can get, barring some speeding tickets which should have cycled off my record years ago now.

Top Bottom