The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scoobie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Shreveport/Bossier
    Mailed mine in from Shreveport mid January. Got issued on April 2nd. Have had 5-6 different addresses in three different states over the past five years. Was in my PO Box last Thursday, but I haven't checked it until today.

Now to wait for my Crossbreed Supertucks.

shooter7

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    southeast LA
    I take my class on May 11. The discussion in this thread is really a turnoff in having to wait that long. IMO, just carry, especially in Baton Rouge and NOLA

Slider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Called last week, packet mailed in 1/29 for renewal, moved first weekend in Feb although I'd called prior to mailing my packet for instructions on which address to use. Was told to use old address on paperwork, then go online and do the change of address form so their database was up to date. Was told they'd mail it to my new address however it was issued in late March to my old address. I'm guessing it's a "do not forward " item and was returned to them. When I called last week they checked and once verified my info they supposedly re issued my CHP on Monday. Should be in today...fingers crossed :)

FYI, if you change your address online, make sure to call a day or two later and verify that it was indeed changed in their system.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Dropped off renewal at office - 3/20
    Issued - 4/12
    Received - 4/18

I am not a all "No" case. I had my permit suspended for BS reasons and now have to provide the medical information and answer yes to the question if you have ever had a permit suspended, revoked, denied.... Sgt. Reavis was great about getting my permit restored quickly once I got the information he needed to reinstate it, he called me and put it in my hand. I no longer talk to the nurses when they ask me medical questions, I tell them to take my vitals and I will talk to the doctor...

saggitarius449

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Olla, LA
    Called the permit office today. Mailed my application in on February 18th and she said they haven't even started opening mail from that date yet......ouch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I called today and finally some news.
    I have a careless operation on my parish record from an accident I was in last year. We were both cited by the state trooper with the same ticket. Somehow that was confused with having a DWI!!!! I don't even drink!! I told her this and she got it all cleared up. My application hadn't been disqualified but has been sent to the "supervisor" for sign off. Sheesh no wonder it has taken so long; they got some stuff mixed up. we all make mistakes just glad I caught it before I got a letter!

nofd1977

Nofd
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    New orleans
    Yea it is discouraging with that wait time. I pocket carry mine and you can see the grip and the mag so technically it is not
    Concealed. There is always a way to get around the ********.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom