The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdcman1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Two people in my class got their's yesterday. Will be 8 weeks tomorrow. I had divorce and lived in 3 different places.

mmclin

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    My grandfather turned all of his paperwork in on 3/20. He called last week to check on the status. The lady told him it would likely be another 30-60 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    My grandfather turned all of his paperwork in on 3/20. He called last week to check on the status. The lady told him it would likely be another 30-60 days.

That's about when I mailed mine in, hopefully it'll be closer to 30 than 60 days, lol

tdcman1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013

I don't put any stock in what they say on the phone. They are telling people that so they will stop calling. I know people who turned in after me (3/25) that already have their permit. It's how much baggage you have with you.

Last edited:

Sam

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    New Orleans/Northshore
    There were several people there for the concealed permits fingerprinting today (5/20/13). The ladies and guy working there told me it's extremely busy and "5 months" was what they were telling all applicants. I asked if fingerprinting there at HQ and handing in the application as opposed to mailing-in made any difference and they confirmed that it did, but only as far as error checking. They check the application thoroughly and then do the electronic prints which assures that all applications are indeed ready for processing. They didn't indicate that they get any priority treatment or go to the top of the stack. Errors made on the mail-in apps are returned for correction and then must be resubmitted, etc, etc. There may be exceptions to this if it's an easy-to-fix error.

BruslyTiger

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    Brusly, LA
    Here's the inside info on CHP and the process from someone at LSP that I spoke to recently.

1) if you mail in finger print cards it is going to take longer due to another department having to process that card into the system first before it gets to the CHP group for background checks. So, if you can go to LSP headquarters to get scanned, do it.

2) Before Obama was elected in 2008 for the first time, CHP was processing about 800 apps a month. After any democrat gets elected it goes up since they favor gun control, so it climbed to about 1400 a month.

3) Aurora and Newtown happened and the gun control talk skyrocketed. The incoming apps climbed into the neighborhood of 4000 a month.

All of this has happened with a state hiring freeze so no new employees have been added into the CHP group or the group that processes your inked finger print cards.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom