The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    My wife got hers yesterday and I'm still waitng for mine. We dropped them off 4/12/13 so, 6 weeks ain't bad. My background apparently has a little more to dig through. lol

For the record, we both walked into state police and scanned out prints and hand delivered paperwork.

Last edited:

LjDoIron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Marrero
    Called again today to ask about my renewal mailed 13 weeks ago, old permit expired 3 weeks ago. Was told same as 3 weeks ago, March mail has not even been opened yet. wait 3 weeks and call back. Anyone else have their permits expire while the renewal sits on the floor? What options exist for this situation? This has gone way past ridiculous.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    My dad got his Saturday, turned in in person in early March. Still waiting on mine, mailed in on February 22.

Have you called?
    Been processed?

I'm convinced they lost my packet.
    Talk about sucks soon ill have to cancel my two checks(the wife as well) and both retake the effing class!

Danielcut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Lake Charles
    Have you called?
    Been processed?

I'm convinced they lost my packet.
    Talk about sucks soon ill have to cancel my two checks(the wife as well) and both retake the effing class!

I haven't called yet. I keep saying that I'll call if it's not in the mail today and then by the time I check the mail it's after they've closed up for the day. That being said if it's not there today, I'll call in the morning. I do worry that it was lost in the mail somewhere along the way.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    They are now saying 120 WORKING days or 6 months! I know some folks who mailed in theirs back in January and STILL don't have theirs. Mine was received there 03/14/13 and I haven't heard a thing yet on it.

Ablaze4God

Just Getting Started
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Iberia, LA
    I called today (Jun 11) and I was told I was approved yesterday. I brought my app in and did my fingerprints in the office on April 19th. So hopefully by the end of this week, beginning of next I should have it!

CCW

CCW
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Louisiana
    Does anyone know why renewals that are hand delivered to LSP seem to be moved to the head of the line. Is it that difficult to open the mail, date stamp it and put it in line to be processed by the date received. How is it that I mail a renewal with no issues on March 21, 2013 and get no response. People that hand deliver their renewal application seem to get a renewal permit in 3-4 weeks.

Even with finger print cards, once the cards are cleared, there should be no difference than those that are hand delivered and scanned electronically. Get in line by date received.

It seems that the people that are doing customer service work at the counter for walk-ins are the same people that would be processing the mail applications. I get the distinct impression that there may be a room full of un-opened mail sitting there to be opened and processed while walk-ins are being taken care of.

Does anyone have any insight into the workflow process???

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    They are now saying 120 WORKING days or 6 months! I know some folks who mailed in theirs back in January and STILL don't have theirs. Mine was received there 03/14/13 and I haven't heard a thing yet on it.

I called last week and still haven't opened march mail they said. That's when I sent mine. I'm thinking I got another 2-3 months, lol

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Does anyone know why renewals that are hand delivered to LSP seem to be moved to the head of the line. Is it that difficult to open the mail, date stamp it and put it in line to be processed by the date received. How is it that I mail a renewal with no issues on March 21, 2013 and get no response. People that hand deliver their renewal application seem to get a renewal permit in 3-4 weeks.

Even with finger print cards, once the cards are cleared, there should be no difference than those that are hand delivered and scanned electronically. Get in line by date received.

It seems that the people that are doing customer service work at the counter for walk-ins are the same people that would be processing the mail applications. I get the distinct impression that there may be a room full of un-opened mail sitting there to be opened and processed while walk-ins are being taken care of.

Does anyone have any insight into the workflow process???

No one on BS works there. The only ones that can answer your questions can be reached at 225-925-4867 or 225-925-4868.

Top Bottom