The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Finally got around to submitting my application at LSP in Baton Rouge on last Wednesday. Was told to expect a 5 month wait. Hope it runs faster than that, but not too optimistic after reading this thread.

LjDoIron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Marrero
    Called again today to ask about my renewal mailed 13 weeks ago, old permit expired 3 weeks ago. Was told same as 3 weeks ago, March mail has not even been opened yet. wait 3 weeks and call back. Anyone else have their permits expire while the renewal sits on the floor? What options exist for this situation? This has gone way past ridiculous.
    Finally received today, 15 weeks after mailing, Ironic that two weeks ago I was told March mail was still unopened. Yet 3 days later they issued my permit. If they could move that fast this thread would not exist! I'm thinking about sending my next renewal in this weekend just to be sure they have enough time to process before this one expires!.

CCW

CCW
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Louisiana
    Mailed my renewal application on March 21. Received my renewal permit in the mail on June 17. The Permit was issued on June 10 with an Effective Date of June 15. 13 weeks, 4 days (95 days), including mail time both ways. Hopefully, +-90 days has become the norm for renewals. New applications still seem to be taking longer.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I called this morning and I was told they are still trying to open all of the mail from March. So I am guessing I still have another -+ 6 to 8 weeks

alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Here at dept of public safety now waiting to get fingerprinted and just finished talking with lady. She said if u mailed in they are opening Mail from May and if you hand deliver almost up to date.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Here at dept of public safety now waiting to get fingerprinted and just finished talking with lady. She said if u mailed in they are opening Mail from May and if you hand deliver almost up to date.

Interesting, I call yesterday and still opening March mail and now they have all sudden gotten to May in 31 hours. Oh well, maybe by Labor Day I will get my little envelope in the mail.

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'm about to give up and Retake the class and Drive to BR and hand my app in!

If you have taken the class in the last 12 months, you wouldn't need to retake. Just ask your instructor for a duplicate certificate. You would need to pay for your notary work, photos and fees. Still cheaper than retaking a class.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom