The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saggitarius449

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Olla, LA
    Still waiting. Mailed mine in February 18. Told me last week they haven't opened all of February's mail yet.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Still waiting. Mailed mine in February 18. Told me last week they haven't opened all of February's mail yet.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think any of us know what mail they're opening anymore. There's conflicting times and months in the last 10 posts that has it scattered all over the place. I know I'm at roughly 12 weeks. One day it'll come, hopefully, lol

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think any of us know what mail they're opening anymore. There's conflicting times and months in the last 10 posts that has it scattered all over the place. I know I'm at roughly 12 weeks. One day it'll come, hopefully, lol

I delivered mine on 10/29/12 and it wasn't issued until 1/22/13. My husband delivered his on 1/8 and my daughter went the day before him. Theirs were both issued the same day as mine. You just never know!!

Sam

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    New Orleans/Northshore
    With the mail-in and hand-in dates we're seeing along with time it's taken people to receive their permits, it seems obvious that the hand-ins process a bit faster, but there must be other things that cause 3 or 4 times the wait for some people. Could be something popping up on the records check or out-of-state residency in the past few years.

Or maybe they use this method for selecting applications for processing :chuckles:

ticket_drum.jpg

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    With the mail-in and hand-in dates we're seeing along with time it's taken people to receive their permits, it seems obvious that the hand-ins process a bit faster, but there must be other things that cause 3 or 4 times the wait for some people. Could be something popping up on the records check or out-of-state residency in the past few years.

Or maybe they use this method for selecting applications for processing :chuckles:

View attachment 41462

My daughter had multiple state check to be done and hers was issued in less than 3 weeks.

brooksmd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2013
    Bush, LA
    I took my first time application to BR Wed, June 19th. The guy who printed me was just filling in and not actually assigned to that position. He told me 3-4 months but the lady who is assigned to that position corrected him and said it was up to 5 months now. And to think I was going to wait until December so I could get the old people rate. Of course we all know the reason for the delay. Same reason you can't find ammo at reasonable prices if you can find it. And the same reason gun sales are through the roof.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    A good friend is miffed as he and another mailed their applications in simultaneously and the friend has had his for about a week now.

I don't remember how long it took when I got mine in 1999.
    :eh:

tdcman1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Called today. Talked to Mary and she said mine should be mailed Monday or Tuesday. If so it should put me right at 100 days.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I spoke with them today, very polite. Mailed mine round March 21st-25th or something and she looked my name up and still not entered in the system. I won't be eagerly checking the mail til August I'm guessing, lol.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I spoke with them today, very polite. Mailed mine round March 21st-25th or something and she looked my name up and still not entered in the system. I won't be eagerly checking the mail til August I'm guessing, lol.

Change the date to February 15 and you have the story of my wife's and my story. First time applicants.

Broke

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    Just seems like there is no rhyme or reason behind who gets processed when. I guess it's just a crap shoot for 5 months. I consider myself lucky.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Change the date to February 15 and you have the story of my wife's and my story. First time applicants.

I was hoping at least to have gotten in system. She just politely said call back in a few more weeks. So sitting at around 90-95 days at present and hope that when they open it the fingerprint cards haven't melted or something, lol

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I was hoping at least to have gotten in system. She just politely said call back in a few more weeks. So sitting at around 90-95 days at present and hope that when they open it the fingerprint cards haven't melted or something, lol

I've given up and accepted the fact they lost our ****.
    I'll call once more at the end of the year then have my wife cancel the checks and start over next year.

Top Bottom