The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCW

CCW
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Louisiana
    Just wondering. Has anyone received a new concealed carry permit in Louisiana whose paper application & finger print card were mailed in late March, 2013? I know that LSP has been saying 120-180 days. Wonder if it would still take that long to notify an applicant if there is a problem with the paper finger prints? I have come to understand that hand delivery & electronic finger prints are the only way to go. Thanks.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Just wondering. Has anyone received a new concealed carry permit in Louisiana whose paper application & finger print card were mailed in late March, 2013? I know that LSP has been saying 120-180 days. Wonder if it would still take that long to notify an applicant if there is a problem with the paper finger prints? I have come to understand that hand delivery & electronic finger prints are the only way to go. Thanks.

I mailed mine in around 3rd week of March with the 2 fingerprint cards. Oddly enough I spoke with a gentleman yesterday and he said he's seen some first/second week of March apps start to get processed or put in system however you wanna say it. I asked the same question about the cards smudging after being in mail for extended periods and he said that he hasn't seen any problems with them yet. He advised if they were smudged or unreadable that they send back immediately and when mailed back it would go back to processing, not go to back of line again. So I'm hopeful mine will be in system by next week and course another 30-60 days, lol.

Danielcut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Lake Charles
    Just called. Mine was entered into the system June 7th, still waiting for fingerprints and background check to come back. Don't know how much longer. I guess I can stop expecting it any day now...

tdcman1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013

Hand delivered my packet and took digital prints there on March 25th. Still waiting

ETA: Just got it. July 5th

Last edited:

Labadie

WFPD
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    BR
    Dropped off application at the LSP Headquarters and took fingerprint at LSP HQ. Took 8 weeks for delivery with snail mail. Quicker then I expected as I was told 90-120 days at the desk.

Elite_KG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Mailed in first week of February and just received today 7/5/13. Approximately 150+ days. It's a crap shoot. My wife is still waiting. We sent them in the same day. Go figure.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    took me about 5 1/2 months. got it last month. sent it in Jan.

Buddy of mine sent his a week earlier got his in about 1 1/2 months.

They are just busy and over whelmed im sure.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Man oh man, It looks like gonna be long summer waiting for mine, how is wish I would had known to drop it off instead of mailing it

You mentioned three times not knowing about getting your permit sooner if you dropped it off at LSP Headquarters in Baton Rouge.
    The Instructors normally discuss this when you take a class.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    You mentioned three times not knowing about getting your permit sooner if you dropped it off at LSP Headquarters in Baton Rouge.
    The Instructors normally discuss this when you take a class.

They did not mention it being "quicker" by going to LSP. Nothing can do now but wait, lol

TAS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I just called to check on mine. Dropped it off at LSP on 4/12/13 and she told me that it was approved and mailed out last Wed. It should either show up today or tomorrow. We'll see

LaRelicHunter

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Denham Springs La
    Some take longer than others.
    There is no set time.
    Mom's took 2 months
    Dad took 3 months
    Mine took 4 months
    We all did on same day.

For a few weeks there after Mom got hers me and Dad were concerned for sure but after 4 months we all had our permits.

If your rejected they send a letter why.
    Another guy in our class did not get his for something he failed to report on his ap.
    He received his letter of rejection 5 months latter.
    All prints and paperwork done at LSP head quarters.

matt99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shreveport
    Just called. Apparently they are opening April mail.

This really is a joke. I wish we had this kind of time in taxes or bills

saggitarius449

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Olla, LA
    Mailed mine February 18th. Called today and she said im in the system. Finally! I thought they lost my paperwork.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom