The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    After reading your post I called the check on mine as is was mailed April 3rd and was told they are not even opening March mail for new applications yet.

I contacted them today and I got the same answer. She looked up by my name and DOB and I am not in the system yet.

matt99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shreveport
    I keep going on vacations and expecting to come home to my permit.

I think mine was mailed April 3rd or 4th. I was excited when she told me that they were in April's mail. Maybe they are just making crap up to satisfy us. I guess I should have dropped it off.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I keep going on vacations and expecting to come home to my permit.

I think mine was mailed April 3rd or 4th. I was excited when she told me that they were in April's mail. Maybe they are just making crap up to satisfy us. I guess I should have dropped it off.

I mailed mine end of March, a lady told me this morning that mine should get entered in the system this week hopefully. So the wait continues, lol

luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    I just called to check and spoke with Mary, she is by far the nicest and most helpful lady I have gotten in touch with so far.

I am not in the system yet and she told me that they are still finishing up March's mail and should be starting on April soon. She did say that they were now working weekends so to call back in a couple of week and hopefully she would have a better answer for me.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    I mailed my renewal off on May 3rd, my dad mailed his a few days prior to mine and he received his over a week ago....I'm still waiting. Hopefully it comes soon since my permit expired the 1st of this month.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Just called the LSP and I am in the system. I dropped it off and was fingerprinted on June 12th. She said to call back in 2 weeks if I have not heard anything.

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    FWIW.

State of SC.
    Mailed permit application: 3/23/13
    Received permit in mail: 7/22/13
    Most states are suffering a big backlog.

I'm learning quickly that waiting for an NFA item will be much... much... much worse.
    At least I can go to the local range and rent an identical toy for $20 per trip.

Last edited:

luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    So I called today since tomorrow will be day 120 since I put my packet in the mail. At the time it was mailed the estimated ISSUE time was 120 days, so I should have my permit tomorrow correct? NOPE! I was told "we are just starting to open April's mail and actually none of March's mail has even been entered into the computer yet"

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    So I called today since tomorrow will be day 120 since I put my packet in the mail. At the time it was mailed the estimated ISSUE time was 120 days, so I should have my permit tomorrow correct? NOPE! I was told "we are just starting to open April's mail and actually none of March's mail has even been entered into the computer yet"

Sounds bout right, mailed mine in March and I called last week and said that I wasn't entered in computer yet either. I was hoping by Labor Day but doesn't sound too promising

TROUT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Lake Charles
    I mailed my renewal off on May 3rd, my dad mailed his a few days prior to mine and he received his over a week ago....I'm still waiting. Hopefully it comes soon since my permit expired the 1st of this month.

They can't seen to keep their stories straight. They told me they push renewals through right away, mailed mine in March, it was finally entered July 26. I have called them once a week for about the last 5 or 6 weeks and keep getting the story that they are still working on March mail. When I called today I was told it could be a month before it gets mailed.

It sure is funny that my brother, like your dad, mailed his renewal in around 3 weeks after me and has had his renewal for about a month now. The thing that bothers me the most is mine has been expired for over a month.

cooltop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Monroe,La
    I decided to call finally since I sent mine off on Feb19. They told me I was approved on July 24 and should get it in the mail next week. I guess the wait is on to see if they are correct now.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Mailed renewal on June 3rd, received permit yesterday. Called to thank them for expedited handling. Nice lady said it was good to hear a thanks. I think if you call they flag your name and stick your application on the bottom of the pile. :)

Top Bottom