The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TROUT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Lake Charles
    Mailed renewal on June 3rd, received permit yesterday. Called to thank them for expedited handling. Nice lady said it was good to hear a thanks. I think if you call they flag your name and stick your application on the bottom of the pile. :)
    Storm
    You might right about sticking your renewal to the bottom of the stack, but I waited a least 90 days before I called. At the time that was the estimated wait. I still don't understand why they would tell me they were working on the March mail if you mailed yours off in June and got it yesterday. I might have screwed myself by sending it registered return receipt mail (prolly pissed them off).

Last edited:

Sam

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    New Orleans/Northshore
    My wife's arrived today. Dropped off and fingerprinted at LSP Headquarters on May 20th. It's been a few days short of 12 weeks.

Mine was dropped off the same day. Still waiting.

Rebelcolt456

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Mailed my first time app in February. They have been telling me, "just a few more weeks" every week for 5 weeks now.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have carried a CHP since they became available in Louisiana. I have never called to ask about my renewal and they have always been renewed prior to the old one being out of date.
    If the ladies did not spend so much time on the phone with the same people calling weekly they would have more time to process the paperwork. Do the frequent callers have a longer wait time?
    Something to think about.

Rebelcolt456

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    I have carried a CHP since they became available in Louisiana. I have never called to ask about my renewal and they have always been renewed prior to the old one being out of date.
    If the ladies did not spend so much time on the phone with the same people calling weekly they would have more time to process the paperwork. Do the frequent callers have a longer wait time?
    Something to think about.

Have you ever waited 6 month? Waited 4 1/2 months before I called to make sure they had recieved it. I've called 3 times total and get the same answer every time. " just a few more weeks "

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    are you a "no applicant" rebel? (no arrest, no divorce, no meds etc.) even if you aren't sounds like you're getting the shaft...good luck...

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    then the only thing that could possibly be holding you up are crappy prints I would think..good luck bro...feb to aug is entirely too long...

Rebelcolt456

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    3 of us sent in the same day. 1 got returned at the middle of june( they forgot to include there course cert with the app).
    Mine and the other still waiting.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Talked to them on phone, basically if you sent it in the first week of June it should be done by the end of September.

That's a first. I sent mine in the 3rd week of March and was told last week I'm not even in system yet. I'm not doubting your conversation but wouldn't hold breath as I think it's more like a 6 month time frame vs. 4 months. Hopefully I'm wrong. If I get mine by Halloween I'd be surprised at this point

Rebelcolt456

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Yea, they've been finishing up opening March mail for a month it seems. I realize they're swamped and understaffed but to not even be in the computer 13-14 weeks after receiving application sucks.

If I can believe what they say, mine got entered in the computer 15 weeks after I mailed it.

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    If you call that phone number and get one of the females on the phone just ask them what month they are working on, that's what I asked. It was the same way when I got my UPIN number, I would just call ask what month are they currently working on and sure enough my month came about ...... 6 months later.

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Dropped off the renewal packet at LSP HQ on July 19. CHP showed up in the mail yesterday, Aug 7. Total of 20 days.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom