The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I don't know you but I somehow hate you BR55! ;) Mine has been in their hands since 3/14! (mine is a new app and I didn't have 15 years consecutive residence either though...)

Last edited:

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    I don't know you but I somehow hate you BR55! ;) Mine has been in their hands since 3/14! (mine is a new app and I didn't have 15 years consecutive residence either though...)
    If you knew me you'd hate me. Everyone else here does. The CHP coming in so fast is just icing on the hater cake.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    If mailed in app all can do is wait. I'm disappointed that my app has been there for 4 1/2 months and still hasn't been opened but whatcha gonna do? Be a nice Christmas present at this rate, lol

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    There is hope everyone and luck of the draw maybe.
    I got mine fairly quick, I was expecting a lot longer. I told my wife she would probably have hers before meeven though she dropped off almost 2 months later.
    I have lived in the state for over 15 years, but had 3 addresses on the form, 2 arrests from 97 and 99 and military service. All things considered, I think mine was lightening fast!

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    I was at lsp today...another thing holding up progress are all the substitute teacher apps and subsequent need for printing...place was packed...took me almost an hour to get printed...

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Got my renewal yesterday, almost exactly 3 months to the day.

HOLY CHIT!!! 3 months for renewals?????
    Maybe someone in the know can answer, what happens when your existing CCW Permit expires while you are in the process phase? Is it good for so many days past the expiration date or does it DIE on the expiration date regardless where you are in the system? I thought I was doing this early since mine is good until Oct. 19th!

Thanks for any known answers......

KT

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    You should have it by Christmas. :)

Mine expires I think the first week of November. So hopefully they get on it. I think the instructor told me there's about a 60 day grace period for permits if you already sent it in and it's awaiting approval.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Just talked to Mary today. She said I should expect to receive my license within 30 days. I dropped of the application in BR on June 12th. Progress!

Rebelcolt456

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Just talked to Mary today. She said I should expect to receive my license within 30 days. I dropped of the application in BR on June 12th. Progress!

I wouldn't get my hopes up. She told me the same thing about 80 days ago. A week ago they told me it was approved, an I still don't have it.

Top Bottom