The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Just talked to Mary today. She said I should expect to receive my license within 30 days. I dropped of the application in BR on June 12th. Progress!

Hope you get it that soon but I wouldn't hold my breath, they're still processing March from what I was told today so I think it's a crapshoot on timeframes. Almost 150 days and counting to get in the system here, lol

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I didnt drop mine off until late april and have had it for a while now.
    ANyone know what the actual process is when they review it? DO they do an info lookup and if everything is 100% it gets approved and if not it goes into another pile?

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I believe a lot depends on if it is a renewal, if you have lived in state for 15+ years and if you have a medical rider attached. Mine has been "in the system" since 7/3 and I haven't gotten it yet and it was in their hands since 3/14!

Last edited:

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Hope you get it that soon but I wouldn't hold my breath, they're still processing March from what I was told today so I think it's a crapshoot on timeframes. Almost 150 days and counting to get in the system here, lol

I wonder if you would get the same answer if you stopped in on Independence Blvd and inquired in person as to the status on your application?

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I wonder if you would get the same answer if you stopped in on Independence Blvd and inquired in person as to the status on your application?

Good question, if I had time to take off work I certainly would. I am chalking it up to being an early Christmas present at this point, lol.

Rebelcolt456

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Recieved mine today 172 days from mailbox to mailbox.
    Approved 8 Aug
    All NO except Yes military
    2 addresses in in louisiana, whole life.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I guess I will have to wait and see, BUT I dropped off my renewal today, the nice lady told me 30 days. She also wrote down my expiration date on top of my paper work and insured me I would have my new CCW ID before that date.....September 29th........ We will see.....stay tuned as I will update when it actually arrives.....

KT

LA toolman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    7 months and a day !!

1/14 Finger printed and delivered at LSP and was told 120 days.
    4/14 Called for status and was told it was processing.
    5/14 Called and was told that my app was with a Sergeant.
    6/14 Called and was told that I needed to respond to a letter.
    Received certified letter 2 weeks later that said to respond to within 10 days.
    7/02 certified response received.
    7/14 Called for status was told to give it a few more weeks.
    8/14 Called for status and was told that it was approved 8/09 printed
    and mailed on 8/12
    8/15 inside a little yellow envelope in the mailbox.
    Without the hiccup,I think 120 days is pretty close.

Every time I spoke to someone they were respectful and courteous.

brooksmd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2013
    Bush, LA
    Well I know this will tighten some jaws. June 19 I dropped off application and was finger printed. Permit arrived today, Aug 16. Divorced twice, 3 different addresses last 15 years with 2 out of state and retired military. Was told to expect 6 months for permit due to backlog. However, I've never called to check status as I figured every call they answered delayed completion of 1 permit. Good luck to the rest of you. BTW, this was for initial permit, NOT a renewal.

Oh yeah, I second the comment by LA toolman above. As busy as they are they were very courteous when I was there. Unusual for public employees.

Last edited:

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Well I know this will tighten some jaws. June 19 I dropped off application and was finger printed. Permit arrived today, Aug 16. Divorced twice, 3 different addresses last 15 years with 2 out of state and retired military. Was told to expect 6 months for permit due to backlog. However, I've never called to check status as I figured every call they answered delayed completion of 1 permit. Good luck to the rest of you. BTW, this was for initial permit, NOT a renewal.

Oh yeah, I second the comment by LA toolman above. As busy as they are they were very courteous when I was there. Unusual for public employees.

That seals it, I officially don't like you. No, just kidding, congratulations on getting your permit so soon. You are right, they are always very courteous over there, just wish they were not so backlogged.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Wife dropped hers off June 12th and got it earlier this week. I didn't even look at the issue date

alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I got my it in the mail today, little yellow envelope. Resident of LA only 9 years, out of state before that, and had a medical disclosure. Right at 2 months. Went by HeadQuarters and dropped off and got fingerprinited on June 19, Received August 21. Happy, Happy, Happy

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    I just got off the phone with them, if you drop them off and do fingerprints their it saves you about 30 days.....I am on day 91+ ...... and the instructor said oh that is MYTH if you drop them off its quicker.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Day 186
    Got confirmation our checks were cashed and processing had begun as of day 170

First time applicants for my wife and myself.

Top Bottom