The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Mine goes in the mail to me Monday! It entered "the system" 7/3 and was kicked into the "extra review" pile due to an arrest in the late 70's for disorderly conduct that is no longer even on the books. Yes, I included all the required paperwork from the arresting office noting that. Funny thing was the arrest was because I was stopped because the snow/rain had caused my temp plate to come off my truck and I was stopped for no tag and I had 3 rifles in my utility truck and one was this gem:
    303.jpg

a .303 Enfield with a wire folding stock and 16" barrel. This was in New London, CT and they freaked! Tried to charge me with all sorts of stuff but I got it reduced to Disorderly conduct. Had I brought a lawyer/new more about the law back then, I would have gotten off scott free... The judge thought the barrel had to be 18" and demanded that I get the flash hider welded to the barrel to meet that measurement.

CCW

CCW
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Louisiana
    FYI. Family member mailed a new application on 3-21-2013, the permit was received in the mail on 9-7-2013. Other family members mailed new applications on the same day, still waiting.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Well after 6 months some progress. I was told late yesterday my application had been entered into the system and should receive my permit the end of October or first of November. 7 to 7 1/2 months guess not too bad, LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Well after 6 months some progress. I was told late yesterday my application had been entered into the system and should receive my permit the end of October or first of November. now Free

Your post inspired me to call and check on mine. Mailed from Shreveport on April 4th was entered into the system on September 6th and is currently in background check. She also told me late October to early November I should have mine in hand.

I am glad to finally at least be "in the system"! Can't wait to have my permit in hand and finally be able to carry outside the parish again!

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Your post inspired me to call and check on mine. Mailed from Shreveport on April 4th was entered into the system on September 6th and is currently in background check. She also told me late October to early November I should have mine in hand.

I am glad to finally at least be "in the system"! Can't wait to have my permit in hand and finally be able to carry outside the parish again!

I was happy just to be "in system" myself. Hopefully I will have my little envelope waiting after the Gator Classic. Still waiting on Crossbreed holster too, that's been 8 weeks but should ship soon according to website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

bayouteche85

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    Breaux Bridge
    196 days. Quite a wait. The good news is I quit calling after the first four months and was pleasantly surprised when it arrived last week!!!

EDIT: Wife and I mailed off the applications the same day and received our permits the same day.

Last edited:

ArtieD

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Meraux, La
    Turned in at Louisiana State Police building, Never called and it showed up. I was banking on late December by reading through this thread and my neighbor texted me a photo of his and I turned my paperwork in a week after he did. My permit was in the mailbox three days later. Happy, happy, happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I guess I will have to wait and see, BUT I dropped off my renewal today, the nice lady told me 30 days. She also wrote down my expiration date on top of my paper work and insured me I would have my new CCW ID before that date.....September 29th........ We will see.....stay tuned as I will update when it actually arrives.....

KT

The above was posted August 16th and today being September 28th and my renewal arrived either yesterday or today...not sure since I didn't check mail yesterday but it was issued 9/24/13.....

KT

Top Bottom