The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gone_primal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Just called again to check. Sent FedEx overnight on 4/30 so it was there 5/1. Tomorrow marks 23 weeks...and still not in the system.....:confused::mad:

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Just called again to check. Sent FedEx overnight on 4/30 so it was there 5/1. Tomorrow marks 23 weeks...and still not in the system.....:confused::mad:

Mine was just entered in bout 3 weeks ago and mailed mine in March. They were opening March and April mail last I spoke with them a few weeks ago. I was told to expect my permit end of October to first of November, about 6-8 weeks. I think they are making progress thru the backlog.

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    She said mine is in system just waiting background check and fingerprints. I also sent in all my paperwork for my UPIN I have..that I would imagine should speed things along.

luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Wife went to the mailbox this morning, as we forgot to check the mail yesterday. She calls me from the mailbox to say... your little brown envelope is here!

Mailed April 5, 2013, Received at LSP Headquarters (USPS Tracking) April 9, 2013, Permit issued October 2, 2013 and received October 8, 2013.

IronMan2015

All Blacked Out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2013
    Mandeville, LA
    Man, I got my NC CCW last year, took about 75 days. I'm taking the class down here on Saturday and the way things are looking down here, I'll be getting my NFA around the same time as CCW haha :bs:

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Wife went to the mailbox this morning, as we forgot to check the mail yesterday. She calls me from the mailbox to say... your little brown envelope is here!

Mailed April 5, 2013, Received at LSP Headquarters (USPS Tracking) April 9, 2013, Permit issued October 2, 2013 and received October 8, 2013.

Sweet, ready to be able to say the same thing:D

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    Okay I just thought about this, does the Government shut down effect fingerprints and background check for this? I mean I sent them so much information in that packet I couldn't imagine anything else to put, and like I said earlier I sent my UPIN information I received with the packet that should speed things up.

It's amazing, I used to be delayed for about 24 hours ever since I was 18 because someone with same name as me had 10+ felonies. So I decided to get the UPIN finally and even when places are delaying multiple people say at a gun show for whatever reason (ATF Backup) mine still goes through. I have never had a single problem since getting the UPIN number.

luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    A little over 14 months ago I (begrudgingly) handed my Arkansas CCW permit to the nice lady at Arkansas State Police Headquarters when I moved from Little Rock to Shreveport. In March, I went and got a Caddo Parish CCW permit so I could carry in my home home parish while I waited on my LA CCW permit to arrive. However this past weekend marked the first time in over a year I left home on a day trip (to West Monroe) with my gun at my side... it felt good to be totally "dressed" again when leaving town!

I hope all you who have been waiting months for your permits receive them soon and enjoy exercising your right to concealed carry.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Mailed my renewal August 19th. No response yet of course. . . . permit will probably expire before processed. Glad I got my parish permit!

Got my permit in the mail! A couple days ago, makes about 11 weeks. Well one less thing to worry about for the next few years...

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Got my permit in the mail! A couple days ago, makes about 11 weeks. Well one less thing to worry about for the next few years...

Congrats, still waiting here, passed 7 month mark this week but was entered into system little over 30 days ago so hopefully before Turkey day:dunno:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Congrats, still waiting here, passed 7 month mark this week but was entered into system little over 30 days ago so hopefully before Turkey day:dunno:

Wow!

Are you a renewal or is it a new application? My guess is that a new app takes longer and they push renewals through faster.

I think my original application took a number of months.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Wow!

Are you a renewal or is it a new application? My guess is that a new app takes longer and they push renewals through faster.

I think my original application took a number of months.

New app, always lived in LA, had few moves but were all within 30-40 miles cuz of college, nothing else really so I just guess I hit in the middle of the post Newtown backlog. Said 30-60 days since entered in system so hopefully only couple more weeks at best:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

T-Bone42

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Received my renewal in less than 7 weeks. Can't be much more specific because not sure how long it stayed in my mailbox before checking the mail. I opted for the lifetime permit.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Just found out it was entered into the system on October 8th! WooHoo...should be in my hand in the next few weeks!

I was entered in the system on September 18th and still in background check status and told another 30-45 days when I checked on it earlier this week. Just passing along what I was told. :dunno:

Top Bottom