The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    Renewal application mailed 6/5. Money order cashed 6/18. Permit issued 10/18, postmarked 10/22, and received today. Just a simple renewal, no changes to anything.

MikeP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    My renewal processing took about a month: submitted in September, received in October. Not as long as I'd feared.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    My renewal processing took about a month: submitted in September, received in October. Not as long as I'd feared.

I wish, am going to be on month 8 in a few weeks. It has been in background for around 45 days now. I never would have imagined it would have taken me this long to get my CCP:dunno:

longshot308

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    I wish I had known about getting prints done there. I did it through a department I have connections with and thought that would make things easier. I am on day 80 or so. Considering the number of BG checks I've had the past 2 years for work and purchases, I'm guessing I'm ok haha

dahyer

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You are incorrect. Louisiana excepts non resident permits from Florida. All that is required to make a florida resident permit a non resident permit is to fill out change of address and get a valid drivers license from the state you are living in and make sure that the state that you are living in excepts non resident permits not just honors that states permit. Which Louisiana does but thanks for your concern.

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    I wish I had known about getting prints done there. I did it through a department I have connections with and thought that would make things easier. I am on day 80 or so. Considering the number of BG checks I've had the past 2 years for work and purchases, I'm guessing I'm ok haha

Just going to your local jail (Mine in Thibodaux does 2 sets of Digital for $5) and bring those to them and it makes the process night and day difference....but I told myself ahhhhhh can't be that much longer....well they said all they are waiting on now is the background check....I even sent in copies of all my UPIN # paperwork to try and speed that up, guess that didn't help.

dahyer

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    additionally there is no visual difference between a florida resident permit and a non resident permit as the addresses of the applicant have not been printed on them for a few years. You must notify florida department of ag of the move with a change of address form within 30 days and obtain a valid drivers license of that states. I just went to check just in case the law has changed from a few weeks ago and it has not Louisiana still accepts non resident permits from Florida. Florida has one of the best licenses and I do plan to keep it with them.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    You are incorrect. Louisiana excepts non resident permits from Florida. All that is required to make a florida resident permit a non resident permit is to fill out change of address and get a valid drivers license from the state you are living in and make sure that the state that you are living in excepts non resident permits not just honors that states permit. Which Louisiana does but thanks for your concern.

No, you are incorrect. On August 15th of 2011, the law changed and a resident of the state of Louisiana could no longer carry legally using a nonresident permit from another state while in the state of Louisiana!

dahyer

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No, you are incorrect. On August 15th of 2011, the law changed and a resident of the state of Louisiana could no longer carry legally using a nonresident permit from another state while in the state of Louisiana!

Yeah so I am apparently very wrong. I had read several things that said they did, those sources must not have been updated since the change. I do see it now and I guess I will start the process of getting the CHP. Well thanks for the correction and sorry for the mis information on the site.

weaksauce

Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    I emailed them back in August to check on an update on my application. They replied that they are currently working on application submitted in april. I submitted my application in May so hopefully mine is coming in soon

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Well I mailed my app the third week of March, entered into system on 09/17 and finally was approved 11/6. Should be in the mailbox in the next few days. Just shy of 8 months. Guess better late than never. :hi5:

matt99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shreveport
    I took the class with my dad, mailed it off in the same box at the same time as him. I am a federal worker and have had less addresses than him. He got his today and I am still waiting on mine. Date was 10/30.

I think that there is no rhyme or reason to the way that they do this.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    How long did you wait for your CHP to come in the mail once it was approved? Someone had told me they thought they only mailed them out once or twice a week. Just curious

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I called but only after a few months. Mine was approved a week ago but still hasn't gotten to my mailbox. They seem to be moving along faster than they were earlier in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    Mine was submitted on June 1st, Sent off for fingerprint verification on October 1st, called today (almost 6 weeks as they say to wait before checking back), still waiting approval from fingerprints. I sent them my entire UPIN packet with the approved fingerprint cards that were sent back to me after my UPIN was approved....maybe on Black Friday I will score a deal with a CCW.

Top Bottom