The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    When I dropped off my renewal at LSP HQ, the lady told me it would be about 30 days.

I dropped it off on October 15th, and received my new CHP in my mailbox on October 29th. Much quicker than expected, especially with some of you waiting so long!

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    When I dropped off my renewal at LSP HQ, the lady told me it would be about 30 days.

I dropped it off on October 15th, and received my new CHP in my mailbox on October 29th. Much quicker than expected, especially with some of you waiting so long!

Renewal is just what a background check? I really don't know what is involved in just that.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Finally after 1 week shy of 8 months my little brown envelope arrived today;-)

u5ujyde2.jpg

Fired from a mobile launcher

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    So your telling me I'm still the champ at an even 250 days?

Congrats

Prolly, lol. I didn't even add days up it's been so long, mailed mine third week of March if remember correctly. All I know I was happy to see that envelope FINALLY

Fired from a mobile launcher

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Congrats gumpster! You've waited forever for your permit! :)

Thanks, I called this morning and double checked had right address since been two weeks and did. Said if didn't get by weeks end they would mail a new one and I was like NO, I will come pick up if that's the case. LMAO. But better WAY LATE than NEVER, LOL. :deadhorse:

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    Dropped mine off today around 11am. Only 3 or 4 people in there waiting for fingerprints for other stuff, and an older fellow dropping off a renewal. I really hope it goes fast. I suck at waiting.

She started to say "You should get your permit in about.." and then just kind of laughed. I just told her I understand.

Last edited:

DynoLa

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Shreveport
    Sent mine in for renewal on 10 Sept. US Postal NBD. I wrote "Renewal" on the outside of the mailer envelope. Got mine back six weeks later.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Dropped mine off today around 11am. Only 3 or 4 people in there waiting for fingerprints for other stuff, and an older fellow dropping off a renewal. I really hope it goes fast. I suck at waiting.

She started to say "You should get your permit in about.." and then just kind of laughed. I just told her I understand.

I waited forever. I tried to just forget about it but much easier said than done. Hopefully they have worked thru some of the backlog from earlier this year. :dunno:

Top Bottom