The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Maybe we should start talking to our reps to get this fixed. I.E. a time limit for issuance. For example, in Co., the CBI has 90 days to do their work, at 90 days it gets issued regardless.

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    If i would have been proactive i would have had mine turned in a while ago. LIfe and crazyness got in the way, and i just never made time or set aside the money. I had a misdemeanor from when i was 17, and had to track down the paper work. I got it at the end of april, lol. So ill get it when i get it. Im just glad i finally got it turned in.

Ive heard they are going faster right now (at least when dropping off), but the woman at the counters response makes me think otherwise.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    If i would have been proactive i would have had mine turned in a while ago. LIfe and crazyness got in the way, and i just never made time or set aside the money. I had a misdemeanor from when i was 17, and had to track down the paper work. I got it at the end of april, lol. So ill get it when i get it. Im just glad i finally got it turned in.

Ive heard they are going faster right now (at least when dropping off), but the woman at the counters response makes me think otherwise.

Soooooooo what did the woman at the counter tell you?

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Turned in my renewal in person Tuesday 12/17/2013 with a box of chocolates and a smile, they checked it over while I was at the counter now we'll see if my tactics worked:}

I'll report back the date I receive the renewal permit.

Peace B with U

Merry Christmas

S.

gandog56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Mobile, AL.
    All I can say is here in Mobile Alabama, I walked into the local Sheriff's Office. About 20 minutes later I walked out with my license still hot from the laminating machine.

Davidg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2013
    Bentley, La
    My CCW package was received by LSP in BR on Sept 30,2013. Still haven't received the permit. I've lived in La for the past 20 years, and have zero criminal history. Worst thing in my past is a speeding ticket which was dismissed. 3 + months and counting..

pwc001

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    What is the deal? They could approve Class III weapons in under a month. But they expect us to believe that they can not do the same for CCW.

And all of this about court records for every offense is laughable. This is the only state that asks for all of that, why can't they just look up that info, instead of wasting time searching through all of the info in the application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Wife and I went to Baton Rouge 11-11-13 with 2 money orders each for application and finger printing, (did the prints there, had application filled out on computer and printed [not filled out by hand]) . Wife issued 12-11-13 received 12-18-13 mine issued 12-18-13 received 12-24-13. What a sweet Christmas present.

brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    I went to drop off my paperwork and all in June 2013. Dropped it off in Baton Rouge at state headquarters. getting a bit impatient :( If I call, what is the number i should call? And what do I ask in order to find out any info on my status?

Top Bottom