The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    12/01 - submitted application. 12/06 and 07 - Received notification app. accepted and mailed prints. Today - received acceptance e-mail with pay link.

Last edited:

Mogsy31

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Crowley
    Edited

1/18 application filed online
    1/19 Fingerprints taken at BR State Police headquarters

Mine may take some time did not become a citizen until last year and only lived here for 14 years so 1 year short of the required 15 years, old English address supplied as a document upload as the online app does not accept English Zip codes

We will update as things happen

Last edited:

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    12/01 - submitted application. 12/06 and 07 - Received notification app. accepted and mailed prints. Today - received acceptance e-mail with pay link.

Thanks for the update, Daisy ... I submitted mine on 12/17 with prints not long after. Still waiting on the e-mail with pay link. Should be soon ...

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Submitted my renewal at LSP January 2016 and the new permit is in my wallet.

Last edited:

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Submitted online renewal today 1-23-16. Couldn't get my copies of license and cert of class uploaded. They had a place to click if u wanted to mail in the copies. I did it that way and going to mail in. Renewal submitted online. Has anybody done it this way and time frame for online app with mailed in license and cert.

Mogsy31

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Crowley
    1/18 application filed online
    1/19 Fingerprints taken at BR State Police headquarters
    1/26 received application accepted and paid $178 online plus $3 fee

Mine may take some time did not become a citizen until last year and only lived here for 14 years so 1 year short of the required 15 years, old English address supplied as a document upload as the online app does not accept English Zip codes

Last edited:

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    (I submitted mine on 12/17. Prints received 12/26 per tracking. I'm still waiting on the e-mail with pay link. )

Just called this morning ... they still haven't even gotten ("found") my fingerprints yet! ("Huge stack to go through still.")
    Then comes email to pay and, once paid, they send it down to processing which will take several more weeks.
    Definitely worth the trip if you are close enough and have the time ...

Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Any word yet? I'm hoping to here this weekend but I have my doubts

I called end of last week to ask about the the background check since my e-mail arrived a few days before MLK Day and I haven't heard anything. She advised it takes about 40-60 days once it enters in into background check, so we will see. This lady wasn't the previous helpful person. I did not give my name, just asked, generally. I will update at next message, you do the same, please.

Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    LoL. As I said, this person wasn't the usual helpful person, her voice indicated she didn't really want to be of much help. I guess they get tired of answering the same questions. Hope it won't take that long. Although, I did submit divorce papers from 15 years ago with my app. Perhaps mine will take longer.

On this note...if one has been passing the background checks for firearms purchases, wouldn't it be safe to say the CHP check should fly by as well?

marshrunner757

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Sulphur, LA
    LoL. As I said, this person wasn't the usual helpful person, her voice indicated she didn't really want to be of much help. I guess they get tired of answering the same questions. Hope it won't take that long. Although, I did submit divorce papers from 15 years ago with my app. Perhaps mine will take longer.

On this note...if one has been passing the background checks for firearms purchases, wouldn't it be safe to say the CHP check should fly by as well?
    I have divorce papers from 10 years ago as well. You would think the background systems would be linked but we are talking about government.

Top Bottom