The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    1/23-Took Class
    1/23-Submitted online application
    1/25- Fingerprints done at LSP
    1/26 received acceptance email and paid online
    2/4 approved email received.

Last edited:

Metalman29

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2016
    Baton rouge, LA
    Online application made 1/12/2016 (no arrests, only 2 addresses, divorced 10 years ago with decree uploaded).
    Fingerprinted at LSP main building same day (took about an hour)
    Email ACCEPTANCE and pay link - 1/21/2016 (I called since when there in person they stated it should take about 3 days for the pay link. It came soon after I called and they stated my first/last name was out of order on application. Double checked and seemed correct to me)
    Email application APPROVED - 1/22/2016. Permit should arrive in 10-15 business days
    As of 1/26/2016 - still waiting but assuming will have in mail soon

All in all, assuming I get it soon with no SNAFU, I am impressed. The people in person and on phone were professional and cordial.

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    Congrats marshrunner ... and thanks for the update. From one pile into another. I hope to have be following you soon. (Online app 12/17). We'll see!

Metalman29

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2016
    Baton rouge, LA
    Update to above post

Online application made 1/12/2016 (no arrests, only 2 addresses, divorced 10 years ago with decree uploaded).
    Email ACCEPTANCE and pay link - 1/21/2016 (I called since when there in person they stated it should take about 3 days for the pay link. It came soon after I called and they stated my first/last name was out of order on application. Double checked and seemed correct to me)
    Email application APPROVED - 1/22/2016. Permit should arrive in 10-15 business days
    Permit received in mail 1/27/2016 (15 days from online application and fingerprinting at LSP headquarters in Baton Rouge until received in the mail)

marshrunner757

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Sulphur, LA
    Update to above post

Permit received in mail 1/27/2016 (15 days from online application and fingerprinting at LSP headquarters in Baton Rouge until received in the mail)
    Thanks for update

spdrcrno

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2007
    Filled out application online Jan 11, prints in Baton Rouge on Jan 12, Email to pay Jan 22nd, Jan 26 received email advising will receive permit in 10-15 days, received permit today.

Last edited:

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    Update via email this morning:

From: xxxxxx @dps.la.gov [mailto:xxxxxx @dps.la.gov] On Behalf Of concealed.handguns@dps.la.gov
    Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 8:40 AM
    To: xxxxxxx
    Subject: RE: Online Application Status

We have your application however we are backlogged at this time and we are just beginning to process December mail; you should have your payment email within the next few weeks.

Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Update via email this morning:

From: xxxxxx @dps.la.gov [mailto:xxxxxx @dps.la.gov] On Behalf Of concealed.handguns@dps.la.gov
    Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 8:40 AM
    To: xxxxxxx
    Subject: RE: Online Application Status

We have your application however we are backlogged at this time and we are just beginning to process December mail; you should have your payment email within the next few weeks.

Thanks for the update. I have been in background check since Jan. 14. Just waitng it out....

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    (Just got the "payment" email!)

Here is what they look like ...

____________________________________________________________________________

From: Do_not_reply_CHP @ dps.xxxx.gov [mailto:Do_not_reply_CHP@dps.xxxx.gov]
    Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 xxxx PM
    To: xxxx <xxx @ xxxxxx.xxx>
    Subject: Concealed Handgun Permit Status - (Concealed Handgun Permit)

Application for Concealed Handgun Permit submitted on 12/17/2015 xx:xx:xx AM was ACCEPTED.

Please Click on the link below or cut and paste it in the web browser address bar to submit your payment for Permit Fee. https: //chp-web.dps.louisiana.gov/xxxx/xxxxxxxxx/xxx

Autogenerated by LDPS CHP Server.
    P.O. Box 66375, Baton Rouge, LA 70896-6375 Customer Service: (225) 925-4867 / Fax: (225) 922-0225
    This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipients designees is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.

____________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

marshrunner757

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Sulphur, LA
    (Just got the "payment" email!)

Here is what they look like ...

From: Do_not_reply_CHP@dps.xxxx.gov [mailto:Do_not_reply_CHP@dps.xxxx.gov]
    Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 xxxx PM
    To: xxxx <xxx@xxxxxx.xxx>
    Subject: Concealed Handgun Permit Status - (Concealed Handgun Permit)

Application for Concealed Handgun Permit submitted on 12/17/2015 xx:xx:xx AM was ACCEPTED.

Please Click on the link below or cut and paste it in the web browser address bar to submit your payment for Permit Fee.
    https://chp-web.dps.louisiana.gov/xxxx/xxxxxxxxx/xxxx

Autogenerated by LDPS CHP Server.
    P.O. Box 66375, Baton Rouge, LA 70896-6375 Customer Service: (225) 925-4867 / Fax: (225) 922-0225
    This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipients designees is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.
    Congrats! Move on to the next waiting list with me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mogsy31

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Crowley
    1/18 application filed online
    1/19 Fingerprints taken at BR State Police headquarters
    1/26 received application accepted and paid $176 online plus $3 fee
    2/4 RECEIVED EMAIL SAYING PERMIT APPROVED

Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Still waiting...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

LoL, me, too. I'm hoping next month will bring the "Approved" e-mail. From what I have read here, aways take the drive to BR if possible. Obviously, many cannot. I could have, but 2 people I knew mailed their prints in and got their permits quickly. Guess they hit it during a better time. I was told 40 to 60 days for the b/g check once it starts.

Top Bottom